At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
We are looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to join our larger customer experience organization.
Job Title: Senior UX Researcher
Meet our Team:
As a Senior UX Researcher within the User Experience Research team, you will play a role in developing a deep understanding of PayPal users globally. You will work alongside your cross-functional team members to influence decisions and ultimately deliver the best possible product experiences for our merchants and consumers around the world.
Your Way to Impact:
At PayPal, UX Researchers influence teams to make customer-centric decisions across the product development lifecycle. This includes early research to understand customer needs and problems and continues through to post-launch research that informs future iterations. Our studies employ a variety of qualitative research methods. We start with asking the right questions and end with targeted deliverables and storytelling that captivates and moves stakeholders to action. UX Researchers focus on the impact of our research and are steadfast advocates for our customers. As a UX Researcher you will be the voice of the customer. You will craft research programs that bring team members answers to their most important questions.
Your Day to Day:
You will report to the Manager of UX Research and be a member of our diverse Customer Experience Organization where we believe that different perspectives and backgrounds lead to innovation and inclusion in our product designs. Our UX community believes in investing in personal and professional growth so that everyone has an opportunity to learn and elevate each other.
- Proactive member of a cross-functional product team(s) focused on identifying research opportunities.
- Execute research studies from beginning to end: identifying the right research questions, defining the participant sample, designing the study, and executing with attention to detail and quality.
- Clear understanding of how various research functions and data sources (e.g. Market Research, Product Marketing, Analytics etc.) contribute to the product development lifecycle and how to leverage them
- Present actionable insights and recommendations to multiple teams and leaders across the organization
- Plan and deliver multi-phased research projects within budget, timeline, and project requirements.
- Contribute to the community, providing support to junior team members, leveraging your strengths to help others grow. Be a part of our thriving UX Research practice, and culture.
- Proactive in communicating and managing stakeholders remotely and in various time-zones.
What You Need to Bring:
- A successful candidate will have at least 8 years of experience in the study of user experience research, design research, or related fields.
- Experience working across complex spaces and with various stakeholders is required.
- Experience conducting and synthesizing strategic research is required.
- Ability to present to high level leaders and stakeholders is required.
- Familiarity with Merchant and Consumer research is highly preferred.
- Experience with a variety of qualitative research methods and approaches is preferred.
- Experience with ecommerce and online payments is a plus.
- Experience across products and platforms – Financial or FinTech are a plus.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a related field is preferred but not required.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don’t hesitate to apply.