At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
Do you believe in the power education has to unlock human potential? 2U / edX is the leading global online learning platform which empowers millions of learners to become changemakers in their life, community, and the world. Are you a collaborative and results-driven Site Reliability Engineer who is ready to elevate your career to the next level?
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Developing and maintaining production-level deployment pipelines and infrastructure
- Planning and estimating development tasks and short-term projects
- Developing and using metrics to drive infrastructure decisions
- Relating your project deliverables to products you are building and strategy behind them
- Advocating for user needs in infrastructure and software you are building
- Collaborating with internal development teams to define and refine requirements
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- AWS services (EC2, RDS, Route53 and more…)
- Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
- Orchestration platforms for containers (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes/ EKS, ECS)
- Kubernetes deployments using Helm or Kustomize, ArgoCD experience is a bonus
- Programming experience in Python, Go or other object-oriented languages
- Ansible, Puppet or comparable configuration management tools
- Linux systems administration
- Network administration
- Scripting languages such as Bash, CSH, etc
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- You care about delivering quality service and software in a sustainable and timely manner
- You have experience in, and passion for, high-quality, maintainable infrastructure and code that confers low operating costs and high change velocity
- You can design resilient, high-availability systems and services
- You have a solid understanding of continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- You enjoy refactoring to keep code maintainable
- You can conduct exploratory and automated testing
- You enjoy debugging complex problems under time constraints (who doesn’t?)
- You want to provide technical guidance and feedback to other engineers
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, U.S.benefits include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability, and 401(k) employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Free snacks and drinks in-office
- Generous paid holidays and leave policies, including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
The anticipated base salary range for this role is ($120,000 -$160,000), with potential bonus eligibility. Salary offers are made based on the candidate’s qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, budget for the position and cost of labor in the market in which the candidate will be hired.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we’re not stopping there — we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.