It takes powerful technology to connect our brands and partners with an audience of nearly 900 million. Whether you’re looking to write mobile app code, engineer the servers behind our massive ad tech stacks, or develop algorithms to help us process trillions of data points a day, what you do here will have a huge impact on our business—and the world. Want in?
A Little About Us:
The Member Services team is passionate about creating premium value for our consumers to provide elevated experiences across our properties. As a part of the Member Services team, you’ll support the product strategy, roadmap and execution end-to-end as we build the next-generation of subscription products, connecting our members with more of the things they love to do online. You’ll also work on ecosystem expansion, driving the holistic monetization strategy for our portfolio, with a zealous focus on managing, optimizing and scaling inventory across our properties.
- Prototyping and creating production ready applications based on generative AI
- Experience in using OpenAI APIs: Candidates who have used OpenAI APIs and integrating them with existing software applications. They should be familiar with the various OpenAI tools and frameworks, such as GPT-3 and Codex
- Responsible for the definition, design, development and timely completion of major new features in current and future products
- Performing code reviews for your peers where you will be learning from and contributing to a collaborative working model
- Tackling hard engineering and user experience problems and solving them in an elegant and seamless manner.
- Design and implementation of continuous integration and deployment
- Taking ownership of features and areas of the web application that will impact millions of users.
- Working with engineering team members to explore and create interesting solutions while sharing knowledge amongst the team.
- Collaborating with user experience designers, product managers, and other engineers to deliver new features, enhancements, platform improvements and bug fixes
- Collaborate with other engineers to write testable, reliable code, continuously deploying to production systems
- Growing in a culture of learning through design discussions and code reviews
- Own, deploy, monitor and operate large scale production systems distributed across the globe.
- Recommend alternative approaches to solving complex problems and use new technology to achieve goals
- Candidates should have a strong background in programming
- The candidate will use OpenAI APIs to integrate our apps and provide that sophistication to existing software applications. They should be familiar with the various OpenAI tools and frameworks, such as GPT-3 and Codex, they should be familiar with LLM’s and their use.
- Proficient in natural language processing (NLP) techniques and tools, such as tokenization, Part-of-speech (POS) tagging, sentiment analysis, and entity recognition.
- Data processing & manipulation with Java.
- Proficiency in J2EE technology, SpringBoot, SpringSecurity and cloud distributed frameworks with a working experience of at least 3 years
- Proficiency with test driven development using JUNIT, Mockito, JMock and PowerMockRunner with an experience of at least 3 years
- Experience building web products end-2-end with a deep understanding of web principles
- Knowledge of database technology like like Redis, Mysql
- Excellent knowledge of HTTP and client/server paradigm with strong browser debugging abilities
- Experience with client or server-side web performance optimization and building responsive layouts
- Experience with version control tools (GIT/Stash and/or SVN) and build managers (Gradle, Maven, Ant)
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments
- Experience with containerization technology (Docker, ECS, Kubernates)
- Strong grasp of OWASP security principles and how they apply to web applications
- Experience with Application Services (Apache httpd, Apache Tomcat based)
- Familiarity with tools such as Jmeter and Selenium
- B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent experience) with 6+ year’s experience in Web application development
- Experience with SCRUM or similar agile development methodology
- Have experience working closely with product teams, designers, and other developers to create a truly delightful web application experience
- Experience with CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Experience with Node, React is a plus
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position
Yahoo is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Yahoo is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. If you need accessibility assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, please submit a request via the Accommodation Request Form (www.yahooinc.com/careers/contact-us.html) or call 408-336-1409. Requests and calls received for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
The compensation for this position ranges from $111,000.00 – $231,250.00/yr and will vary depending on factors such as your location, skills and experience. The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary annual bonus or commissions, in addition to equity incentives. Yahoo provides industry-leading benefits including healthcare, 401K savings plan, company holidays, vacation, sick time, parental leave and an employee assistance program. Eligibility requirements apply.
Yahoo has a high degree of flexibility around employee location and hybrid working. In fact, our flexible-hybrid approach to work is one of the things our employees rave about. Most roles don’t require specific regular patterns of in-person office attendance. If you join Yahoo, you may be asked to attend (or travel to attend) on-site work sessions, team-building, or other in-person events. When these occur, you’ll be given notice to make arrangements.
If you’re curious about how this factors into this role, please discuss with the recruiter.
Currently work for Yahoo? Please apply on our internal career site.