nZero is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to help lead multidisciplinary software development teams in building an early-stage product. nZero’s carbon management platform integrates and synchronizes with a wide variety of third-party emissions-related data sources, including electrical and gas utilities, fleet telematics providers, and accounting and procurement systems, to automatically capture near-real-time emissions data for our customers. We provide custom insights to our partners to help them improve their energy consumption and be better stewards of the environment. As our platform and customer base grow, you will help extend our current products’ capabilities to ensure that our carbon accounting platform is responsive to the business needs of a fast-growing start-up company.
You will play a key role in supporting a major evolution of our SAAS product—moving from our current MVP into tracking, forecasting, and reporting Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) goals for a range of customers across industries and cities. You will work closely with our Product and Engineering departments to ensure our data solutions meet the needs of our current and future customers.
- Lead and manage a team of Software Engineers and Quality Assurance Engineers across several engineering pods, including hiring, mentoring, and coaching team members to achieve their full potential.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Product Management, Design, and Data Science, to ensure that engineering efforts are aligned with company goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to drive technical excellence and ensure consistency across the engineering organization.
- Towards continuous improvement, develop and implement engineering processes and methodologies to support Lean/Agile software development practices.
- Participate in strategic planning and roadmapping to prioritize and plan engineering initiatives and projects.
- Ensure that engineering projects are delivered on time and on budget, while meeting our quality standards.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software engineering and identify opportunities to apply them to our products and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems or strong work experience in a related technology
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering, including 3+ years in a leadership role
- Experience managing high-performing engineering teams in a Lean / Agile environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality software products on time and on budget
- Strong understanding of cloud computing platforms and infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Knowledge of software architecture principles and experience designing scalable and maintainable systems.
- Action Oriented: You are driven by a strong need to act when confronted with a problem, knowing that in most situations the “perfect” answer does not exist yet you are able to find the best solution at that time.
- Comfortable with ambiguity: You are comfortable handling and managing moderate levels of ambiguity in your role. We are a young start-up in a new market, creating products and services which have never existed before, which often requires blazing new trails with uncertain outcomes.
- Passionate: You care about the quality of the things you produce and the problems you solve. At nZero, we are a passionate team who care deeply about the climate challenges we are tackling.
- Inclusive: You understand that accepting and integrating a diverse set of views creates growth and opportunity.