Join Splunk as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
About The Role:
We’re looking for a Product Security manager to lead a hardworking team of product security engineers tasked with raising the security bar of Splunk through vulnerability discovery, disclosure, and mitigation as we continue to innovate on our products. This role presents the challenge of building and running a team with high visibility throughout Splunk, and the opportunity to mentor and grow a group of highly skilled security engineers. As the leader of the team, you will be responsible for ensuring that Splunk is aware of the risks across the products organization. You will be guiding the team to focus on the systems, services, and processes that protect Splunk’s most valuable resources, communicate with leadership, legal and software development teams.
You’ll be part of an organization focused on influencing security culture within Splunk with the ultimate goal of ensuring the continued security of our customers and their data. You will do this by organizing and leading the Secure SDLC, penetration testing, vulnerability management functions. The Product Security team has a broad scope and purview, all of which are focused on positively influencing the culture of security at Splunk.
As a manager at Splunk, your primary role is to help your team reach its maximum potential through mentorship, staying engaged with our current projects, participating in campaign design and technical decisions, and helping the team overcome any challenges that we encounter.
- Lead a team of world-class Product Security engineers
- Develop and implement a long-term roadmap for product security in partnership with our senior team members.
- Building processes that expedite the discovery and resolution of findings.
- Work closely with developers and architects on identifying security issues early in the development cycle.
- Partner across various product and security teams to drive the secure development of Splunk products.
- BS in CS/EE or equivalent; MS Preferred
- 2+ years of experience managing application security or a security architecture team.
- 5+ years of dynamic experience within a product security team in an Agile environment.
- Past experience with threat modeling, code reviews, and implementing continuous security assessments.
- Experience leading product security teams focused on Secure SDLC and vulnerability management for enterprise on prem and cloud native environments.
- Proven experience communicating risks to, and partnering with different levels of product organizations.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are key to working effectively with the team.
- Have experience leading globally distributed teams on multiple concurrent projects.
- Scrum master experience is highly valued.
- Experience contributing to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc.)
- Experience collaborating with compliance, privacy, legal, and customer support function
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction record
Note: Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out below, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk’s Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.
Base Pay Range:
SF Bay Area, Seattle Metro, and New York City Metro Area
Base Pay Range: $171,200.00 – 235,400.00 per year
California (excludes SF Bay Area), Washington (excludes Seattle Metro), Washington DC Metro, and Massachusetts
Base Pay Range: $156,000.00 – 214,500.00 per year
All other cities and states excluding California, Washington, Massachusetts, New York City Metro Area and Washington DC Metro Area.
Base Pay Range: $143,200.00 – 196,900.00 per year