Alma is on a mission to simplify access to high-quality, affordable mental health care. We do this by making it easy and financially rewarding for therapists to accept insurance and offer in-network care. When a provider joins Alma, they gain access to a suite of tools that not only help them better run their business, but also grow it sustainably and develop as a provider. Alma is available in all 50 states, with over 11,000 therapists in our growing network. Anyone looking for a therapist can browse Alma’s free directory. Alma has raised $220.5M in funding from Insight Partners, Optum Ventures, Tusk Venture Partners, Primary Venture Partners, Sound Ventures, BoxGroup, Cigna Ventures, and Rainfall Ventures. Alma was also named one of Inc’s Best Workplaces in 2022.
Alma is seeking a mission-driven Staff Accountant to join our growing Accounting team. The Staff Accountant position will focus on leading Alma’s Order to Cash membership process in Netsuite; assist with the month-end close process, and general accounting processes as our company continues to scale.
The ideal candidate has 0-1 years of experience in accounting and is seeking an opportunity to develop and expand their Accounting career at a high growth startup. We are looking for folks who have a deep passion for our mission and the future of mental health.
What you’ll do:
Assist with the recurring billing cycle – review annual and monthly memberships, review change orders, run billing cycle within the systems, ensure accurate and timely billing operation and invoicing processes
- Maintain a good follow up system and conduct collection to ensure customer balances are current. Process billing adjustments, create credit memos; review over payments and short payments and resolve in a timely manner
- Collaborate with our Customer Success team to ensure all new and churned clients are appropriately captured and billed
- Assist Senior Accountant with creation of membership subscription reconciliation and solving discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Assist with W9 customer and vendor record maintenance and create process to follow-up for any missing information
- Assist with with payment disputes from our payment processors in a timely manner
- Assist with month-end closing and perform other work related duties as assigned
- Assist with the annual financial audit process
- Identify and propose changes to improve accounting policies and procedures
- Partner with the team to continuously improve system automation to help scale Accounting operations
- Assist with ad hoc projects as needed
Who you are:
- You have 0-1 years of experience in accounting or a BA in Accounting, Finance or Business
- You have demonstrated knowledge and comfortability with using Microsoft Excel
- You have solid understanding of GAAP
- You are able to collaborate, prioritize, and show initiative. You are also not afraid to ask for help when troubleshooting problems that arise
- You are passionate about learning new processes and implementing the latest technology in a fast paced, data-driven environment
- You have sound communication skills, as you will be customer-facing with providers
- Your preferred systems experience includes Netsuite and Salesforce
- You are able to keep confidential information private, as you will be handling sensitive provider and customer data
- We’re a remote-first company
- Health insurance plans through Cigna (medical and dental) and MetLife (vision), including FSA HSA plans
- 401k plan (Roth and traditional)
- Free Alma platform access
- Monthly therapy and wellness stipends
- Monthly co-working space membership stipend
- Monthly work-from-home stipend to power your wifi, lunches, coffee, etc
- Pet discount program through United Pet Care
- Financial perks and rewards through BenefitHub
- Free EAP access through LifeWorks
- One-time home office stipend to set up your home office
- Comprehensive parental leave plans
- 9 paid holidays, 1 Alma Mental Health Day, and 1 Alma Volunteering Day
- Unlimited PTO
Salary Band: $67,000 – $78,000
Alma’s compensation philosophy is driven by our company value of building equity. To best ensure pay equity, we typically bring in new hires near the middle of our listed salary bands and we do not negotiate our compensation (i.e. all people hired at the same level role are brought in at the same salary, equity, and benefits). The recruiter you work with can provide more details on our philosophy.
All Alma jobs are listed on our careers page. We do not use outside applications or automated text messaging in our recruiting process. We will not ask for any sensitive financial or identification information throughout the recruiting process. Any communication during the recruitment process, including interview requests or job offers, will come directly from a recruiting team member with a helloalma.com email address.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas