Dropbox is a special place where we are all seeking to fulfill our mission to design a more enlightened way of working. We’re looking for innovative talent to join us on our journey. The words shared by our founders at the start of Dropbox still ring true today. Wouldn’t it be great if our working environment—and the tools we use—were designed with people’s actual needs in mind? Imagine if every minute at work were well spent—if we could focus and spend our time on the things that matter. This is possible, and Dropbox is connecting the dots. The nearly 3,000 Dropboxers around the world have helped make Dropbox a living workspace – the place where people come together and their ideas come to life. Our 700+ million global users have been some of our best salespeople, and they have helped us acquire customers with incredible efficiency. As a result, we reached a billion dollar revenue run rate faster than any software-as-a-service company in history. Dropbox is making the dream of a fulfilling and seamless work life a reality. We hope you’ll join us on the journey.
Our Product team advocates for our users and our business, setting the vision for our growing family of products. We use data, research, strategy, and empathy to guide multidisciplinary teams toward a common goal, balancing diverse perspectives and empowering our teams to do great work. As we scale globally, there’s plenty of space for you to grow alongside us and simplify life for millions of people around the world in team that always focuses on we, not I, and creates delightful products that are worthy of trust.
How many times you get an opportunity to be at the ground floor on a very big and important mission? What if you get to be one of the top contributors defining the mission, guiding our teams and influencing the direction of Dropbox AI-first mission? As a Staff Data Scientist for this new division, you will exactly get to do that. You will join a team of top-tier data scientists and be an inherent part of the product org to create and scale this new business.
As a ground floor opportunity for this startup team, we need this staff DS to build a top-tier data-informed culture with a lot of focus on AI/ML impact and execution!
- You will serve as the data leader in balancing urgency vs. the incredibly high quality bar expected by both our customers and the broader Dropbox organization, through clear and repeatable data informed approach
- You will partner closely with leadership across all functions while being focused on the AI/ML team work – Product, Engineering, Design, and Research
- You will have the seat at the table for every key decision for AI-first strategies
- You will build the reliable, efficient, and scalable data foundations and daily execution standards, tools, and processes for our AI/ML capabilities’ long-term growth
- You will create a culture of strong technical ownership, resulting in highly reliable products and services at scale
- You will leverage data-driven insights to proactively identify most impactful opportunities, and inform future experimentation design and product roadmaps
- You will perform analytical deep-dives to analyze AI related user problems and opportunities, identify the hypothesis and design & execute experiments with great rigor and efficient data techniques
- Masters’ or above in quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 8+ years experience of leveraging data-driven analysis to influence key business decisions and executives, preferably in a tech company
- 5+ years serving as a AI/ML technical leader and having hands-on experiences to work with data scientists, engineers, product managers, user researchers, and designers
- Proven track record of being able to work independently and proactively engage with business stakeholders with minimal direction & driver measurable business impact
- Ability to influence prioritization and execution of high impact projects effecting customer experience, monetization, and entire organization’s roadmap
- Ability to analyze large datasets and have first-hand experiences of owning ML models from A to Z including data collection to deploying the models in the production environment, with a track record of driving directly measurable product or business impact.
- Be proficient with SQL, Python and other coding languages frequently applied in the AI/ML production environment, with deep understanding of statistical analysis & experiment design
- Previous experiences coaching and mentoring Jr data scientists to scale the team productivity
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage*
- Retirement Savings through a defined contribution pension or savings plan**
- Dropbox provides a Flexible PTO Policy in addition to your statutory holidays allowing you to unplug, unwind, and refresh
- Dropbox also provides exclusive additional paid time off for all FTE employees across the Globe, in addition to any relevant statutory holidays
- Protection Plans including Life and Disability Insurance*
- A Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Fertility Benefits, Adoptions and Surrogacy support, and Lactation support
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
*Where group plans are not available, allowances are provided
**Benefit, amount, and type are dependent on geographical location, based upon applicable law or company policy
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).