Built is a growth-stage company at the intersection of FinTech and PropTech. We are on a mission to change the way the world gets built with technology and services that streamline the $1.4T U.S. construction industry.
Built’s platform for the construction finance industry modernizes the movement of money between all stakeholders within the construction and real estate process to manage risk and maximize productivity. Built provides software, payments, B2B marketplace, and data solutions to more than 190 of the top financial institutions and hundreds of contractors throughout North America.
In addition to our recent $125M Series D funding and $1.5B valuation, we’re proud to have been named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers in America and one of The Tennessean’s 2022 Top Workplaces. Bringing on the “best talent in the world” is at the forefront of our continued growth trajectory—and we want you to be part of it.
As a Staff Product Designer at Built you will be the design leader of our internal design system – Timber. You will play a crucial role in shaping the design and user experience across our platform of products for Lenders, Commercial Developers, General Contractors, and beyond. Partnering with product designers throughout the organization and a dedicated engineering team, you will identify common needs to develop a cohesive design language (components, patterns, and practices) to be leveraged across the platform.
What you’ll do
- Lead the evolution and maintenance of Timber Design System
- Collaborate with product designers throughout the organization to understand component needs, dependencies, and priority
- Drive a high standard of excellence for the visual design and user experience of our products
- Work closely with a dedicated team of engineers to bring design components to life in code (we use React + Storybook)
- Establish and document standards, patterns, and component usage guidelines
- Partner with teams to increase adoption of Timber throughout our suite of products
- Serve as a mentor and coach to other designers interested in contributing to Timber by providing guidance and feedback
Who you are
- You have at least 8 years experience designing products with a focus on SaaS
- You have 3+ years demonstrable experience working with a specific focus on design systems
- You have a high bar for design excellence accompanied by a humble attitude
- You have an aptitude for deconstructing complex problems and identifying the core patterns across them
- You’re passionate about design tokens, color systems, type scales, and cubic bezier curves
- You are well versed in accessibility best practices (WCAG) for making products usable for all
Built’s salary range for this position is $150,000 – $185,000 USD per year. The pay range is designed to accommodate upward mobility in the role, therefore it encompasses the full span of proficiency levels for this role and we believe that the midpoint of the range is competitive in the market. Salary is just one component of Built’s total compensation package for employees. Your total rewards package at Built will include equity, variable compensation, top-notch medical, dental and vision coverage, an unlimited PTO policy, and other benefits.
- The rare opportunity to radically disrupt an industry
- Competitive benefits including: uncapped vacation, health, dental & vision insurance, and 401k
- Robust compensation package including base salary, quarterly bonus, and equity
- Flexible working hours, paid family leave, ERGs & Mentorship opportunities
- Learning grant program to support ongoing professional development
Our company is made up of passionate people who are driven in a variety of disciplines—and each of them brings their unique perspective to everything they do. Creating a safe and inclusive workplace is critical to the success of our company and of our employees, so it’s our aim to recruit, hire and promote without bias against race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. As we learn and as we grow, we’re committed to ensuring that these ideals are at the forefront of everything we do.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Built Technologies (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for current or future employment. You have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability.