Upbound is the company behind Crossplane, the open source project which started the control plane revolution in the cloud native community. Upbound helps companies rise above the clouds with our Crossplane powered Universal Cloud Platform. With Upbound you get universal real-time visibility into all of your infrastructure environments, the same API centric approach Kubernetes pioneered for managing infrastructure and policies, and self service infrastructure capabilities.
As our Developer Tools Product Manager you will be an integral part of Upbound’s Product organization’s efforts to build a world class end to end developer experience for all Upbound’s products. In this role you will help platform engineers, devops teams, and developers build control planes with Crossplane and Upbound. Starting with a local developer experience, how should engineers define a control plane, iterate with inner loop development, and successfully build the abstractions that power internal developer platforms with Crossplane. We are looking for someone to help reimagine a fundamentally easier and more productive way to develop control planes for enterprise customers.
Success in this role will be crafting and executing on a vision towards creating control planes. You’ll collaborate with our open source and product teams to deliver an end to end vision.
In this role, you will…
- Own the developer tooling vision for Upbound with significant influence on Crossplane as well.
- Drive overall Crossplane adoption by understanding end user needs, identifying gaps and crafting experiences to drive 10x improvements in building and deploying control planes. In other words – building a composition on Crossplane is really hard today (go read the docs!). You’ll be driving the lead to make this way better.
- Manage roadmaps and product deliveries across both open source and commercial open core products focused on improving the developer experience.
- Work with the broader Upbound product team to align roadmaps and plans.
You are a good fit if you have…
- 10+ years of product management experience
- Experience building developer tools
- Very familiar with Kubernetes and the related ecosystem
- Have a well developed opinion on things like K9s vs kubectl vs Lens vs x
- Public examples of code on Github/Gitlab (of any quality, this role isn’t shipping production code)
- Constantly think ‘there has got to be a better way to do this’ about anything
- Have built CLI, API, and SDK products in the past
It’s a plus if you have…
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Crossplane
- Experience using graphic design software creating diagrams and simple illustrations which enhance your content
- Worked with open source communities and managed public roadmaps
While building amazing technology is important, Upbound has an intense commitment to building a great culture. With company values like Be Accountable, Demonstrate Craftsmanship, Champion the Customer, Collaborate Decisively, Care For Our Communities, Act as an Owner and Engage Vulnerability; you’ll find yourself in a place where learning, growth, impact, and fun finally intersect. Similar to the open source community we serve, we look to each other to constantly iterate and improve on what we’re building and you will be a key contributor in this effort.
We encourage people of all backgrounds, gender identities, ethnicities, ages, or any other descriptors that make you uniquely you, to apply with enthusiasm and confidence. Upbound is a place where you can be 100% comfortable being you.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas