Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join
Payments is key for any healthy marketplace, and is just as central to our product at Airbnb. The Payments org at Airbnb is responsible for everything related to settling money in Airbnb’s global marketplace. We build technology that powers Airbnb’s massive daily transaction volume to collect payments from guests, distribute payouts to hosts and everything in between. Our goal is to make the Payment experience on Airbnb as delightful, magical, intuitive, and easy as possible.
The Difference You Will Make
Within Payments, the Compliance Experience team focuses on building best in class product experiences for Airbnb hosts, such that even the most rigorous compliance process is delightful.
We are looking for a talented, self-motivated and experienced software engineer who is excited to work in the highly dynamic and business-critical domain of Compliance. You will help us build the next generation of configurable product experiences to support Airbnb’s entire Compliance program and scale it to ever evolving regulatory needs. The APIs, UIs, workflows and tools that you develop will implement critical controls for identification (KYC), authentication (SCA) and detection of financial crime (Sanctions/AML) while providing an intuitive and polished user experience for Airbnb’s global host community.
As a Staff engineer, you’ll also be responsible for establishing a technical vision and building alignment within engineering and cross-functional teams – all while delivering a solution that is flexible, always available, efficient, and scales with the needs of the business. Your own unique skill set, rich experiences and thought leadership will be key to success in this role.
A typical day
- Lead the development and refinement of systems powering compliance controls embedded in core user journeys for Airbnb hosts
- Build the next-generation of technology stack for Compliance needs, with well defined APIs, UIs and tooling that is service-oriented, configurable and auditable
- Work closely with Product, Design, Policy, Operations and other cross-functional partners as part of a globally distributed team, to define and ship impactful features. Present product and technical deep dives to key stakeholders.
- Partner with other engineering teams in Airbnb’s Trust and Hosting organizations to serve our users holistically
- Lead and mentor engineers — both inside and outside your immediate team — in building solutions and developing skills
- Advocate for and participate in efforts to advance Airbnb’s engineering processes and technical foundations. Drive systemic improvements by identifying patterns to streamline development, reduce toil and increase technical quality and operational excellence over time
- 9+ years of industry engineering experience
- Prior knowledge of Regulatory Compliance standards and experience in implementing those controls is required
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in one or more back-end server languages (Java/Ruby/Go/C++/etc.)
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a high-scale web and data applications
- Strong understanding of how complex backend logic can be expressed cleanly in the UX
- Passionate about shipping polished user-facing experiences
- Rigorous attention to detail – our products have to work correctly to keep Airbnb and our users safe
- Be future looking – we might be focused on immediate regulations, but need to build for the long term
- End-to-end ownership mentality that transcends team boundaries
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to tackle ambiguous problems
This position is US – Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our commitment to inclusion and belonging
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: email@example.com.
How We’ll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas