Pay rate: US: $66/hr – $96/hr W2
About the team and role
As a global, mission-based organization, we are engaged in promoting the promise of a free and open Internet with users’ needs at its core. The Firefox User Research team’s role is to champion the human-centered exploration of complex problems using evidence, data and insight to drive decision-making. We employ mixed methods to understand business needs and develop user insights to shape product and design strategies and roadmaps.
You will lead foundational research as well as evaluative research in partnership with product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, as well as other researchers. You will apply qualitative and quantitative research methods to understand users’ experiences, context, motivations, and behaviors, and translate such findings into actionable insights to drive innovation.
We are looking for someone who understands and is motivated by Mozilla’s mission and wants to contribute to improving people’s daily lives online. Are you passionate about conducting meaningful research that could impact hundreds of millions of users around the world? If so, join us!
In this role, you are responsible for:
- Facilitating a user-centered design and product development process that advocates for users’ needs and perspectives
- Working with product managers, designers, engineers and other partners to scope research needs
- Developing research plans based on business needs and optimal methodology based on a range of tools, such as in-depth interviews, diary studies, surveys, and usability tests
- Managing the entire research process from ideation to insights, including developing research materials, leading research sessions and conducting in-context fieldwork, analysis and reporting
- Presenting findings to cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Working with partnering teams to activate research insights
- Shaping user research capabilities and processes and scaling methods, tools and activities that provide value
We are seeking a team member who:
- Has had significant experience leading both generative and evaluative research in different phases of product development, from discovery to delivery to optimization
- Has had significant experience applying qualitative (e.g. in-depth interviews) and quantitative (at minimum, survey research) research methods
- Is familiar with lean UX practices and supporting an agile, iterative design and research process
- Has a strong understanding of the strengths and limitations of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product development phase
- Has presented user research findings to all levels of an organization and in a range of venues (both internally and externally)
- Are strong collaborators and communicators, with experience working across teams and forging partnerships
- Are actively committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in user research
As a successful user researcher, you are able to:
- Connect insights drawn from research studies to design, technical requirements, and product strategy
- Clearly communicate research processes, rationales, and findings
- Work flexibly and efficiently; exercise a balance between inspiration, bias, and meticulous research in order to move quickly from planning to insights
- Work closely and in partnership with functional teams to advocate for users
- Promote the value of research and positively impact decision-making
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R2192
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas