Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working.
We’re looking for a Senior Analyst to join our SEC reporting team. As the Senior Analyst, SEC Reporting, you’ll be responsible for preparing and reviewing our financial statements and other technical accounting projects. You’ll partner with our accounting operations, equity, finance, investor relations and legal teams and coordinate with our external auditors to ensure compliance with US GAAP and SEC regulations.
What you’ll do
- Prepare and review financial statements, footnotes, MD&A and other disclosures for Pinterest’s SEC filings, including completing disclosure checklists, preparing disclosures schedules and reviewing XBRL tagging.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to gather and analyze financial data, supporting schedules and other information necessary to prepare our financial statements and other earnings materials and coordinate with our external auditors to facilitate their procedures over our SEC filings.
- Ensure SOX compliance throughout our financial reporting and related processes.
- Develop a deep understanding of Pinterest’s share-based compensation (SBC) plans, prepare SBC and related journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Participate in other technical accounting and SEC reporting workstreams and ad hoc projects.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field. CPA or CPA candidate highly preferred.
- 3+ years experience in auditing and/or SEC reporting.
- Strong technical accounting background and knowledge of US GAAP, SOX 404 and SEC reporting standards.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel. Workiva and Schwab EquiView experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously with strict deadlines.
At Pinterest we believe the workplace should be equitable, inclusive, and inspiring for every employee. In an effort to provide greater transparency, we are sharing the base salary range for this position. The position is also eligible for equity. Final salary is based on a number of factors including location, travel, relevant prior experience, or particular skills and expertise.
Information regarding the culture at Pinterest and benefits available for this position can be found here.
US based applicants only $79,050—$163,000 USD