Quartzy is seeking a Technical Accounting Manager. In this role, the manager will have an active role in the financial reporting, month-end close process, annual audits, internal controls compliance and other technical accounting responsibilities.
Quartzy is a 100% distributed team so this role can be done anywhere in the US.
You have expertise in US GAAP, technical accounting and performing accurate and timely financial reporting. You have direct experience building out month-end reconciliations, improving financial processes, and collaborating in and outside of the Finance department.
Quartzy is the world’s #1 lab management platform. Every day, hundreds of thousands of scientists from all over the world improve the efficiency of their research by using Quartzy. Our software combines lab resource management and eCommerce, producing unique value in this large market, returning time to researchers who can focus on their next discoveries. Our customers range from wine makers, to food/ag companies, to companies working on COVID testing and therapies. We are humbled every day to serve them.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for supporting all parts of the financial reporting process (reconciliation, reporting, and documentation) in partnership with the Accounting Operations Manager and Controller
- Work with various departments and other functional groups to ensure accurate reporting of accruals and activities
- Understand internal control concepts to assist in creating and enforcing effective US-GAAP compliant processes and procedures
- Support external audits
- Manage accounting projects on an ad-hoc basisWork with Engineering and other departments to ensure accurate syncing of systems to our general ledger ERP NetSuite
What We’re Looking For:
- Active CPA license required
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred
- Proficiency in US GAAP
- 8+ years of work experience, preferably including startup and/or high-growth environments Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of accounting procedures, including best practices that taken into consideration internal controls
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Self-starter with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects/tasks at once
What We Offer:
- Great Culture – Participate in our fun events like speaker series, virtual happy hours & company/department off-sites
- Remote Team – We’re 100% distributed so you can live anywhere in the US!
- Transparency – Weekly all company stand ups, monthly town halls, quarterly state of the start ups and anytime access to co-founders
- Generous Time Off – Take the time you need, when you need it
- Internet Stipend – Quartzy provides a monthly stipend for your internet service
- Great Gear – We’ll set you up for success with the latest tech and help you outfit your home office.
$100,000 – $130,000 a year
Quartzy takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. The pay scale salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for this position represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (sales roles) range for this position based on all US locations. To determine starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. Salary/OTE is just one component of our total rewards package. The pay scale or OTE ranges may be modified in the future.
All regular exempt full-time employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive, (target included in OTE), stock options, and excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage with generous premium contributions for both employees and their families, the option of a Health Savings Account with Employer Match, Company paid disability and life insurance with opportunity to add additional coverage for you and your family.
Quartzy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. As part of this policy and legal compliance, Quartzy will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. Quartzy will also accommodate a religious belief or practice (including religious dress and grooming practices, such as religious clothing or hairstyles) if the accommodation is reasonable and will not impose an undue hardship.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Quartzy, Inc. will comply with any and all applicable local, city, county, state and federal laws, regulations and orders now in effect or which may hereafter be enacted.