At Velotio, we are embracing a remote-friendly work culture where everyone has the flexibility to either work remotely or from our office in Pune.
Join us and work from wherever you feel most productive!
Velotio Technologies is a product engineering company working with innovative startups and enterprises. We are a certified Great Place to Work® and recognized as one of the best companies to work for in India. We have provided full-stack product development for 110+ startups across the globe building products in the cloud-native, data engineering, B2B SaaS, IoT Machine Learning space. Our team of 325+ elite software engineers solves hard technical problems while transforming customer ideas into successful products.
We are hiring Technical Leads who can help to design and develop next-generation enterprise software products leading teams of engineers, QA, and DevOps. This role involves hands-on architecture, coding, and working closely with CxOs at fast-paced startups. This is an engineering role with a high degree of ownership and autonomy
- The founding team are serial entrepreneurs with experience in scaling businesses.
- Tackle Challenging Problems: At Velotio, we work with early-stage startups enterprises across various domains working on interesting problems. You will get first-hand experience in designing products and solutions for these challenges.
- Lead Engineering Teams: You will get an opportunity to lead technical teams where you will be involved in project planning, architecture/design, processes and mentoring engineers.
- Review requirements and lead the design, product architecture, and implementation of highly scalable cloud-based SaaS applications using modern technology stacks.
- Regularly review the team’s skill set and available resources and communicate if there are any gaps or areas of opportunity.
- Champion test-driven development and participate in code reviews. Mentor and coach your team members.
- Be a steward of code quality, scalability, security, and performance.
- Build and nurture Velotio’s engineering culture. Write blogs, conduct technical workshops/talks, and attend conference.
You will enjoy this role if you…
- Desire to continuously learn, problem-solve, and acquire new skills with cutting-edge technology.
- Work collaboratively as part of a close-knit team of geeks, architects, and leads.
Desired Skills Experience
- 7+ years of frontend/mobile and/or backend engineering experience. Ideally 2+ years in technical leadership or software architect role.
- Experience in one or more languages/web frameworks.
- Frontend Libraries – ReactJS, React-Native, VueJS, Flutter etc.
- Experience developing RESTful APIs, GraphQL, and micro-services.
- Strong database fundamentals and schema design skills. Experience with SQL NoSQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, Neo4j)
- Experience with pipeline-based development and CI/CD pipeline implementation for frequent deployment using Jenkins/CircleCI, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP.
- Experience in at least one cloud platform (Amazon Web Service or Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with agile methodologies, software development lifecycles, and design patterns.
- Communication: You like discussing a plan upfront, welcome collaboration, and are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience in building multi-tier micro-service applications with exposure to caching, pub-sub, data security, authentication, messaging technologies (Kafka, Istio, Kinesis, SAML, RabbitMQ).
- Worked in startup environments developing products from scratch (right from the idea stage).
- Knowledge of container and container orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, GKE, EKS, ECS).
- Experience with data engineering, ETL, and analytics (Airflow, Snowflake, Redshift, dbt).
- We have an autonomous and empowered work culture encouraging individuals to take ownership and grow quickly.
- Flat hierarchy with fast decision making and a startup-oriented “get things done” culture.
- A strong, fun positive environment with regular celebrations of our success. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive, diverse authentic environment.
We want to hire smart, curious and ambitious folks so please reach out even if you do not have all of the requisite experience. We are looking for engineers with the potential to grow!
Note: Currently, all interviews and onboarding processes at Velotio are being carried out remotely through virtual meetings.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas