Barrel is a digital agency that designs, builds, and optimizes e-commerce websites for brands. We work with exciting brands across fashion, beauty, CPG, and home goods. We are a highly collaborative and fully distributed team.
We are currently looking for a Technical Project Manager to join our team. As a remote-first company, you may work anywhere in the U.S.
The Technical Project Manager will have a passion for e-Commerce and manage day-to-day project execution across website development project(s) which includes the development of timelines, resourcing, scope management, sprint planning, content management training and quality assurance testing.
- Manage day-to-day website project execution, with direction and oversight from Director
- Develop and manage project schedules, budgets, task estimates and sprints
- Work with project team to create and maintain project roadmaps and requirements documentation
- Run JIRA ticketing system for assigned projects, manage the coordination of sprints, QA and deployment activities
- Oversee internal QA testing process across team members, cross-checking deliverables for accuracy prior to client reviews and releases
- Lead client conversations related to the technical portion of the website project, which may include site demos and CMS trainings
- Assist clients with CMS troubleshooting and tasks, including content population and app integrations
- Monitor team resourcing on a daily basis, proactively escalating if there are concerns before any impact to schedule or budget
- Partner with Account Managers to develop strong working relationships with clients
- Make important, relevant contributions in client and internal meetings, with a focus on generating workable conclusions
- Demonstrate curiosity and initiative when presented with problems, helping to come up with solutions
- 5+ years of project management experience, agency experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience managing website projects across cross-functional teams
- Prior experience working in Shopify and/or WordPress platforms
- Understanding of third-party applications, platforms, and integrations
- Understanding of business and functional requirements, and how they impact the outcome of a project
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and succeed in fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to carry out detailed instructions
- Naturally curious and highly proactive, with a passion for learning new skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Level-headed under pressure
- CSM or PMP certifications a plus
- Project Managers are part of the Client Services team at Barrel. You will report to our Director of Client Services.
Barrel offers competitive salary, health/dental/vision coverage, paid vacation, half-day Fridays all year round, remote home setup stipend, profit sharing, 401k match, and a professional development stipend. Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
To apply, please fill out our online application form below. We will not accept applications that do not come through the online application form.
Barrel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, culture, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, appearance, opinions, beliefs and more.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas