A little about us. Splunk is here to build a safer and more resilient digital world. We’re proud to say that we’re the key to enterprise resilience for more than 11,000 enterprise organizations that use our Unified Security and Observability Platform to keep their systems secure and reliable. We’re also proud of our award-winning culture and our regular appearance on those “Best Places to Work” lists.
If you end up joining us, we’ll only ask one thing: bring your whole, authentic self, what we call your million data points. So bring your work experience, problem-solving skills and talent, of course, but also bring your joy, your passion and all the things that make you, you. Because when you feel free to be you, it makes it a lot easier for us to be us.
We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.
About the role
Apply your talent and experience as a member of the Splunk doc team! Join an outstanding group of writers and editors who craft high-quality content for internal and external users of Splunk software. We wrote The Product is Docs, we created the Splunk Style Guide, and we meet regularly as a group to improve our skills and share our knowledge with each other. We engage with our peers throughout the profession to challenge assumptions and provoke discussions about the best ways to develop information, communicate with customers, and address challenges in the industry.
We strive to make Splunk docs the best in the business, and we’re seeking someone with a similar drive to write documentation for our internal cloud infrastructure and operations teams. You’ll write the documentation that helps technical operations engineers, NOC staff, incident response teams, and other groups keep our cloud-based services fully operational for customers.
You’ll need to have a demonstrated ability to write concise and accurate documentation that allows technical operations staff to quickly diagnose and remediate issues. You should understand Site Reliability Engineering methods and processes, including runbooks, root cause analyses, and post-incident response documents, and be familiar with the applications that teams use to manage container-based software deployments. You should be collaborative, curious, and persistent, with a proactive approach to delivering results.
- Write clear and accurate documentation that enables operations staff to effectively and efficiently operate our cloud software infrastructure.
- Create and maintain content in Atlassian Confluence. Familiarity with both the new and older Confluence editors is a plus.
- Work closely with fellow writers and others to define documentation requirements and project schedules.
- Discuss technical details and solve problems with system administrators, incident management teams, and your fellow technical writers every day.
- Follow an established style guide and work with editors to create the best possible documentation for internal cloud infrastructure and operations professionals.
- 3+ years experience working with subject matter experts to write documentation for IT and operations environments
- Experience documenting software systems that are configured through REST API endpoints and command-line interfaces, as well as a GUI.
- Basic familiarity with data formats such as JSON, CSV, and YAML.
- Ability to diagram processes using tools such as LucidChart or Gliffy.
- Familiarity with software and compliance frameworks.
- Samples that showcase your best work.
Other relevant skills
- Knowledge of Splunk software and use cases.
What we offer you
If you’d like to join one of the fastest-growing and most exciting tech companies in Silicon Valley, contact us!
Benefits are an important part of Splunk’s Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, an ESPP and much more!
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.