Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions of companies – from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious startups – use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your career.
About the team
As we expand our product offering as well as our footprint internationally, our transfer pricing policies and documentation will be increasingly subject to scrutiny by governmental authorities. We are seeking an experienced Transfer Pricing Specialist to ensure Stripe is compliant with the ever-changing regulations that govern transfer pricing and to bring subject matter expertise to audit defense and resolution.
What you’ll do
The Transfer Pricing Specialist will be a hands-on leader, who works collaboratively across the organization to develop and execute compliant and practical transfer pricing policies and processes. This individual will be an excellent communicator, with the ability to explain transfer pricing concepts in a simplified fashion to non-tax people. The ideal candidate will have experience in a high-growth technology or financial services company partnering with various functional teams and other members of the tax department.
- Partner with operating and finance teams to develop, execute, and maintain transfer pricing policies for Stripe’s current and future operating structure and product offerings with a strong moral compass and integrity.
- Dive deep into financial information in order to design, prepare, and review detailed transfer pricing calculations.
- Assist in the preparation of legal entity forecasts and support the tax provision process.
- Navigate the transfer pricing impacts of special projects related to restructurings, acquisitions, and corporate initiatives.
- Ensure operating models are fit-for-purposes in the context of evolving global tax frameworks and transfer pricing regulations.
- Build relationships with technology and business leaders to gain a deep understanding of their organizational structure and activities and flex transfer pricing policies in response to changes therein;
- Assist finance and tax teams in government and regulatory audits.
- Drive Stripe’s participation in advanced pricing agreements and competent authority proceedings.
- Design efficient utilization of software tools, processes and procedures for transfer pricing calculations and intercompany transaction reporting.
- Build, and/or streamline, transfer pricing models for clarity, efficiency, and ease of use.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a requirement.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (or above) in accounting, economics, business, law, or other related fields.
- 8 + years of relevant experience
- Robust knowledge of global transfer pricing laws and regulations.
- Experience with international tax planning for a multinational, including cost sharing and HQ allocation models.
- Experience managing transfer pricing documentation.
- Strategic and practical experience with various transfer pricing dispute resolution tracks, including audits and advanced pricing agreement / competent authority negotiations
- Experience with developing, maintaining, and implementing intercompany agreements.
- Knowledge of financial accounting concepts including accounting for intercompany transactions.
- Knowledge of tax and financial accounting treatment and measurement of stock-based compensation.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills coupled with strong interpersonal and team-building capabilities across different functional areas and cultures.
- Professional experience in Excel, Oracle, Smartview, Alteryx.
- Empathy, humility
- An advanced degree or professional qualification in tax, accounting, economics or law (CPA, JD, LLM).
- Experience working in a high-growth, rapidly scaling environment.
- Industry experience at a multinational organization; experience working in technology, payments, or financial services is a plus.
- Enjoys working with, and digging into, data from multiple sources; data wrangling experience a plus.
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas