Oddball believes that the best products are built when companies understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are hiring a UX Researcher to work on a pivotal Federal program that is making a positive impact on millions of Americans’ daily lives.
What you’ll be doing:
Working closely with our engineering and product teams, this person will be responsible for all UX, design, and research on one of our core teams. This role will be the go-to person overseeing the entire process, from conception to implementation. A healthy mix of design, research, and high-level thinking is needed for this role.
What you’ll bring:
- A demonstrated facility with creating and using prototypes, wireframes, user interviews, data points, etc. to arrive at a solution and convey the vision and design of the product.
- Extensive experience with UX research: Writing research plans, conversation guides, conducting user and client interviews, client meetings and demos, problem-solving, and iterating solutions based on research findings and feedback loops.
- Ability to think strategically and frame problems in clear approachable language and writing, directed at both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with Git Version Control.
- An understanding of and ability to design 508 compliant solutions.
- Adaptability when working with, and in, existing design and UX systems.
- A phased and adaptable approaches to problems.
- A consultant mindset that keeps the needs of the client and users at the forefront of all decisions.
- Experience working in Agile development environments.
- Capable of taking direction from senior leadership and translating into concrete next steps and actions.
We need to see a portfolio that showcases a phased, iterative human-centered UX design approach and concise writing samples. We don’t just want to see the end product, we want to know your process, what you learned, how you got there, and how your solution solved the users’ pain points.
- Must be a US Citizen and able to work domestically
- Must be able to attain low-level security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fully remote
- Tech Education Stipend
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Match 401(k) plan
- Flexible PTO, Paid Holidays
Oddball is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact an Oddball HR representative to request such an accommodation by emailing hello@Oddball.io
At Oddball, it’s important each employee is compensated competitively and fairly. In alignment with state legal requirements. A range for the included position is listed below. Be advised, actual offer details are determined by job category, job location, and candidate skill level.
United States Wage Range: $90,000 – $130,000
Originally posted on Himalayas
Remote jobs from Himalayas