AccuWeather provides hourly forecasts worldwide, with customized content on smart phones, tablets, wired and mobile internet sites, smart TVs and appliances, as well as traditional media. AccuWeather also delivers a wide range of highly-customized enterprise solutions to media, business, government, and institutions, as well as news and weather content and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites, including wallstreetjournal.com, CBS News, and The New York Times. AccuWeather is looking for a Weather Producer to join our team! This position has the option to be remote or work out of our Headquarters office in State College, PA.
The Weather Producer leads the research, production and implementation of weather graphics across multiple AccuWeather platforms.
- Utilizing Baron Lynx, build compelling weather graphics for AccuWeather products, clients, and partners.
- Capable of supporting on-air live broadcast tasks including, but not limited to, updating weather graphics on the fly, gathering local storm report information, managing webcam streams, and solving common technical issues with Lynx.
- Train and mentor broadcasters and producers in creating and organizing weather graphics.
- Ability to perform general Baron Lynx and PC troubleshooting.
- Work with AccuWeather Meteorologists, broadcasters and producers to prepare accurate weather forecasts with AccuWeather’s consensus forecast.
- Generate daily content under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work in the fast-paced and demanding environment of live television.
- Adhere to all department policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology is required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Previous experience in producing compelling weather graphics is required.
- Previous experience with weather graphics systems (such as Baron’s, WSI, Weather Central, AccuWeather) is required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the broadcast style is required.
- Superior Customer Service skills are required.
- Windows and MAC operating systems knowledge is required.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required for this role.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and overnights if needed to fill in.
AccuWeather’s CEO, Founder & Chairman – Dr. Joel N. Myers
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of AccuWeather, has been recognized in Entrepreneur Magazine’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs book as one of the greatest entrepreneurs in American history. He is a proven visionary leader, founding AccuWeather in 1962 and successfully establishing it as the largest and fastest-growing weather media company as well as a global leader in weather-related data, business, and predictive analytics.
Dr. Myers is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology” and the nation’s most respected authority on the business of meteorology, having been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times. He received the American Meteorological Society’s 2018 Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Advancement of Applied Meteorology and the National Weather Association’s 2017 Lifetime Achievement Award, in addition to numerous other accolades, and he has published papers in numerous leading scientific journals, including Scientific American and The Journal of Applied Meteorology as well as in the American Academy of Engineers, The Bridge. He has made hundreds of TV appearances, including on CNBC, FOX and FOX Business News. His comments and quotes have been included on the pages of TIME, Business Week, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and thousands of other publications and he has appeared in a TEDx Talk.