Jobs in Edmonton Alberta Government, You will be reporting to the Manager of Financial Administration and Operations. The Strategic Administrative Services Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, planning, and overseeing the Culture and Status of Women’s accommodation requirements to support the delivery of programs in facilities throughout the province.
This is done in accordance with appropriate legislation, regulation, and policies. You will coordinate complex accommodation projects including facility renovations, furniture replacement, and relocations.
Hiring Organization – Government Of Alberta
Post Name – Strategic Administrative Services Coordinator
Qualification – Post Graduate
Industry – Government
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours – 8 Hours
Salary – CAD 53832 To CAD 70028 Per Year
Location – Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5K 0G5
The Government of Alberta is committed to a diverse and inclusive public service that reflects the population we serve to best meet the needs of Albertans. Consider joining a team where diversity, inclusion, and innovation are valued and supported.
The ministry works to improve Albertans’ quality of life through support of cultural development, historical preservation, and increased gender equality. Work done aims to build a vibrant cultural sector by supporting the development and sustainability of Alberta’s creative and cultural industries; artists and arts community; recreation and sport; non-profit/voluntary sector.
The Ministry also aims to increase gender equality by working with ministries to make sure gender and other identity factors are reflected in Alberta government policies; programs and legislation. The Financial Services Branch of Alberta Culture and Status of Women provides expertise and leadership in all financial matters affecting the ministry.
Located in downtown Edmonton, our group of professionals likes to work hard, yet enjoy a fun and small team environment. Our work is client-focused and we deliver our financial services while demonstrating the values of respect, integrity, excellence, and accountability.
You will also be responsible for providing administrative and technical expertise in providing the following services:
- Accommodation Planning – Coordinate the department accommodation and building improvement projects.
- Project Management – Coordinate the implementation of approved construction/renovation projects ensuring that program requirements and timelines are met.
- Parking Administration – Coordinate parking allocations according to policy.
- Vehicle Fleet Management – Coordinate lease renewals/purchases and maintain vehicle inventory.
- Risk Management and Insurance – Coordinate the annual submission, and assist with requirements and claims.
- Surplus Sales and Attractive Assets – Train users on the surplus system and functionality, and approve requests as a Declaring Officer.
- Procurement – provide advice, review transactions, and assist with training of users.
- Telecommunication Services – Provide leadership in managing landlines and wireless services.
- Property Management – Assist in the coordination of maintenance of facilities occupied by the ministry.
- 1GX Financial transactions – Review and process grant payments, contracts, and amendments in 1GX
As a successful candidate you will:
- Possess basic knowledge of government and departmental processes and standards.
- Have strong developed analytical, decision-making, negotiating, time management, project management, and organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to recognize potential conflicts, and opportunities and communicate them appropriately. The ability to communicate (oral or written) effectively with different levels of government, as well as private sector vendors.
- Strong organizational skills to deal with a multitude of competing requests for attention and funding.
- Have a thorough understanding and ability in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint sites. AutoCAD and WORTS would be an asset.
- Possess general knowledge of technical aspects of accommodations planning to include architectural, technical, electrical, telecommunications, and ability to read floor plans.
Qualifications required for this position are:
- A two-year diploma in a Business Administration or related field plus 3 years of related experience; or equivalent as described below.
- Equivalency: Directly related education or experience considered on the basis of:
- 1 year of education for 1 year of experience; or 1 year of experience for 1 year of education.
- Experience with 1GX (SuccessFactors) and its submodules
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in-depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Drive for Results: Identifies ways to exceed performance expectations.
- Sets and accomplishes goals and priorities.
- Factors in the complexity of issues, and strategically align decisions and plans based on values, outcomes, and broader organizational needs.
- Creative Problem Solving: Ability to gather information from varied sources, analyze and interpret information to formulate reports, and make decisions related to case planning.
- Agility: Ability to prioritize competing workload pressures in an effective manner and contribute to organizational goals.
- Build Collaborative: Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a variety of teams within the workplace, community, and other Government ministries/agencies to meet client and ministry goals and objectives
- Develop Networks: Ability to interact positively, build relationships and work effectively with others.
What we have to offer:
- Pension plans:
- Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP)
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
- Opportunity to participate in flexible work arrangements such as working from home up to two days per week and modified work schedule agreements