Are you excited by the challenge of connecting with people, building relationships, and seizing opportunities?
Jobs in Edmonton From Home, We’re looking for a Business Development Professional who will be responsible for fostering and developing excellent new commercial relationships toward achieving revenue/ bottom-line growth.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record exceeding quota, a strong understanding of consultative and strategic selling concepts, and develops and implements value-based initiatives to differentiate, build customer loyalty and drive profitable revenue growth.
This position is situated in Calgary or Edmonton and has the ability to be 100% remote.
Hiring Organization – Canada Cartage
Post Name – Business Development Sales Professional
Qualification – Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing
Industry – Private
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours – 8 Hours
Salary – CAD 28 To CAD 35 Per Hour
Job Location Type – Work From Home
Business Development Sales Professional
At Speedee Transport, a division of Canada Cartage, we are an expert in Cold-Chain, Temperature-Controlled, Ambient LTL, FTL, & Dedicated service transportation. Critical to the national supply chain specializing in food products, medical supplies & PPE; providing national truck and intermodal services to all major centers.
We are one of the fastest-growing transportation Companies in Canada due to their uncompromising focus on customer service and innovative approaches to solving customers’ toughest freight challenges! Our company vision is to build the most customer-centric company in the universe.
We are entrepreneurial by design and attract high achievers driven to win! We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Sales professional.
- Identify and secure, upsell and cross-sell opportunities with new name prospects and current customers for additional revenue from all Speedee fleet solutions.
- Build & maintain strong relationships and a network of prospects
- Internal Collaboration with Operations, Pricing, Solutions, Legal, and Business Implementation teams to ensure accuracy within reporting, prioritization of tasks & required actions.
- Utilize customer feedback to identify areas of opportunity to improve account management performance as well as build and execute action plans to better meet expectations.
- Conduct business reviews, preparing and communicating periodic sector KPI reports with customers to help them compare their actual versus budgeted amounts and track the progress accordingly.
- Proactively anticipate dealing (responding) to customers’ business needs and identify opportunities to establish a long-term business relationship; thereby fully integrating our services throughout a customer’s network.
- Analyze costing models and maintain threshold gross margins and implement yearly contractual price adjustments.
- Introduce customers to the latest Speedee technology, policies, processes, and recommendations to reduce cost through supply chain efficiencies.
- Comprehensive understanding of the customer’s supply chain, strategies, and goals.
- Defined account plan that consists of actions that drive continuous improvement, customer satisfaction & growth.
- Drive revenue/sales/bottom-line results for assigned portfolio of customers and by securing new name customers.
Core Competencies and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years of business development experience in high-volume sales with progressive, market-leading organizations.
- Experience in selling transportation solutions to senior-level decision-makers
- Must be results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate the Speedee Transport value proposition at all levels of the organization.
- Problem-solving skills
- Can-do attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Organized and self-motivated
- Background in FTL & LTL freight programs with cold chain background is an asset
What we offer:
- A competitive base salary, incentive bonus, and benefits package
- Training/ Development and career pathing
- An environment of belonging: a group that values your feedback, opinions, and who you are as an individual
- A culture that is fast-paced where you are respected, valued, and have opportunities to grow
Why work for Canada Cartage?
We are a family-oriented company with competitive benefits, including extended health and dental, RRSP and Company-Matching pension plans; discounted hotels, car rentals, entertainment, gym memberships, phone plans, and electronics, to name a few of the perks; a cohesive team and a positive, hard-working atmosphere.
We have fun events throughout the year, like truck rodeos, summer barbeques, and driver-appreciation week that regularly bring us together. It’s important to give back to the communities in which we operate, so we volunteer with and donate to local charities
We also have Company-wide recognition initiatives designed to recognize drivers and staff when they demonstrate outstanding customer service, teamwork, and our core values.
Integrity: We conduct our business with honor, honesty, and ethics with our people, the environment, and legal matters. We believe in being transparent and trustworthy, respecting the traditional “handshake” value system, and earning our way in.
Humanity: We are a family-minded organization, caring for people and treating them with dignity, decency, and respect, be they employees, customers, suppliers, or our partners. Open door policy and dealings are our way.
Accountability: Accountability and accessibility to our staff, customers and our customers’ customers are of utmost importance to us. We enable a high level of two-way communication, providing access to people who will deal with issues ad have the willingness to resolve things. We will be relied on and held accountable for our results and our long-term commitments.
Collaboration: We understand that results are the product of a team effort. As part of our process, we ensure collaboration with all our staff at all levels in all roles across departmental lines. With our customers, we use a collaborative style approach, sharing ownership to ensure a successful operation.
Dedication: Our organization is employee and customer-driven. We encourage an environment of conscientious effort and earnestness, hiring problem solvers who are responsive and have a “can-do” attitude to get the job done.