Jobs in London England, Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We’re a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail.
We’re here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We’ll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let’s share with you the good stuff…
Qualification – Bachelor’s Degree
Industry – Private
Employment Type – Part-Time
Work Hours – 4 Hours
Salary – GBP 20000 To GBP 25000 Per Year
Job Location Type – Work From Home
Rewards and Benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges.
Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
- Flexible working options to benefit you, your family, and your well-being that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing, or hybrid working
- Generous annual leave that increases with the length of service
- Up to five paid volunteering days – from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
- Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy, and Shared Parental leave policies
- Defined pension contribution scheme
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Enviable team member discounts including sale previews and double discount days
- Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians, and entertainment
- Subsidized gym memberships
- Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
- A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
- Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D, E&I, and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies, and routines for our team members
- Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance program for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
- Access to a wide range of training programs to help your career development
As Buyers Admin you will provide administrative support to the Beauty Buying team. You will create SKUs and load orders onto the system, deal with and resolve queries and liaise closely with suppliers.
As Buyers Admin you will:
- Be the first point of contact with suppliers and the warehouse for booking in deliveries, making changes to delivery schedules and order amendments·
- Upload the buyer’s worksheet (Buypad) and create SKUs in Retek, highlighting areas where the Buyers worksheet is incomplete and working with the Buyer to improve
- Load orders onto the system correctly and accurately once they are received, tracking through to delivery
- Work with the digital teams to ensure product launches on-site with the relevant attributes
- Set up and monitor the delivery schedule, checking delivery windows and schedules and highlighting potential delays and issues to the wider team
- Check order confirmation with suppliers, chasing and checking confirmation notes
- Resolve DC queries – for example, mismatched delivery notes (aim to avoid stock sitting in the DC)
- Update and maintain a database with relevant terms e.g. trade/settlement discounts
- Set up accounts for new suppliers
The Ideal Candidate
- Organized and proactive. You are able to multi-task, prioritize and work to tight deadlines, whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- A problem solver. You are able to apply different ways of thinking in different situations
- A great communicator, both verbal and written. You excel in the relationships you build with stakeholders, able to work across various teams
- A proactive team member. You collaborate with the wider Buying and Merchandising teams
- Pacey, is positive and flexible. Responsive to business needs, you are happy and comfortable taking responsibility for your tasks
- All over the numbers. You are analytical and results-driven, able to use data to measure performance and identify areas of improvement
- Systems are literate. You are proficient in excel, and other Microsoft Office software, with high levels of accuracy
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
About the Company
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture.
We are leading with the purpose of not only increasing the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organization but the wider industry too.
Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome – irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age, or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.