Jobs in London For Indian Graduates, Resorts World is a destination like no other. Home to a fantastic range of places to eat and drink, both family favourites like Zizzi, Miller & Carter & TGI Fridays and special new places to discover like Sky By The Water, plus a little outlet shopping from brands like Nike, Levi’s, Vans and Lindt. Add in awesome family entertainment at Cineworld, virtual reality and retro gaming at Vortex, the luxury Genting Hotel and Santai Spa, plus a casino, there’s so much fun to be had under one roof.
Located right opposite the Resorts World Arena and the NEC, it’s also the perfect location to grab a bite to eat and drink if you’re heading to a show or exhibition. Whether it’s food and drinks with friends, a little outlet shopping, family fun, a relaxing weekend getaway or pre/post-show entertainment, you’ll find the things you already know you love to do, plus so much more at Resorts World.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within our Housekeeping department at Genting Hotel; we are looking for a full-time Linen Porter to join our team. This will be a 40-hour-per-week contract, working 5 out of 7 days across a variety of shifts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the supply of linen to the hotel is maintained in accordance with set par stocks.
- Counting all clean and dirty linen, reporting any damaged or dirty linen and maintaining a clean and tidy department
- Reporting any damaged or missing items to the Floor Supervisor
- Carrying out guest requests such as extra beds, pillows, and bathroom supplies
- Compliance with all Health and Safety requirements
- Maintaining all equipment and work areas, including key security
Skills and Experience Required
- Has a passion for cleanliness, has high standards and an eye for detail
- Proactive can-do attitude
- Ability to deliver warmth, charm and hospitality in every aspect of the role
- Real pride and passion for what you do
- Be able to adopt a positive and flexible attitude to changing priorities and procedures, including changes to shifts/rotas
- Must have the ability to work under pressure & meet deadlines
What is a Genting Employee
At Genting, it’s important that we find and keep the best people that can do the job. However, although finding the right skills and experience for the job is vital, it is just as important that our new team members are able to behave in the way that we expect of all our employees and that they live and breathe our values.
Genting focuses on recruiting high calibre and outgoing candidates from the widest fields possible who are as excited about our brands as we are and want to work and grow with a leading global player in the leisure, casino and hospitality sector.
So what are we looking for I hear you ask? If you feel you tick the below boxes then we would like to hear from you!
- Are enthused about working for Genting, and strongly believe in our values
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude
- Have outstanding customer service skills
- Our friendly, helpful and supportive toward all team members
- Take pride in their appearance
- Reliable and hard working
- Are flexible to fit in with our 24-hour business
- Bring some personality and fun to the workplace!
- Online Discount portal
- A range of “flexible benefits”* you can pick and choose from such as extra holiday purchase, dental insurance, Company funded Health Cash Plan, critical illness cover and travel insurance.
- Life Cover
- Numerous discounts across Resorts World Birmingham and the NEC Campus
- Discounts across the wider Genting UK brand
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Discounted bus and rail passes with National Express
- Uniform provided
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free on-site parking
- Staff discount at Genting Hotel, Santai Spa, Sky by the Water, World Bar, Sports Bar, and Vortex.
As we love to have fun, we run a number of Company funded engagement events for our people to get involved in each year.
We also continually look at ways to reward and engage our employees through things like Lifestyle Vouchers, long service awards, team incentives and social funds, annual company Christmas presents and Career progression through our online learning portal Genting Academy.