Jobs in Los Angeles, US, Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Director of System Compliance/ERSEA, the Office Assistant assists in the planning, development, and implement Enrollment, Recruitment, Selection, Eligibility, and Attendance (ERSEA) Content Area. Establish and maintain effective recordkeeping systems, including entering information into the various database systems, maintenance of children’s central files, and providing support to the ERSEA Area.
- The individual is responsible for the completion and accurate collection, entry, reporting, and maintenance of data, records, and reports related to the application, eligibility, recruitment, selection, enrollment, and attendance of children and families of the Head Start/Early Head Start/State Program using Child Plus.
- The individual is responsible for the recruitment, enrollment, and registration of families into the program. Responsible for the collection, entry, reporting, and maintenance of records related to ERSEA.
- Individual tracks daily attendance for classrooms and follow up on absenteeism.
- Prepare and distribute monthly reports, such as attendance, meal count, enrollment, etc.
- Arrange for meetings, staffing, etc. as requested by the Assistant Director of System Compliance/ERSEA.
- Ensure sites maintain funded enrollment levels and a waiting list, fill vacancies as needed at the individual sites, and analyze enrollment data to inform the planning process.
- Analyze causes of absenteeism when average daily attendance falls below 85%.
- Oversee processing applications for accuracy and timeliness.
- Attend LACOE training as required.
- Maintains children’s central office files.
- Manages and maintains office and school forms for ERSEA.
- Receive applications identifies the community and submit status letters to parents.
- Prepare letters and documents for parents that pertain to ERSEA and other service areas, as needed.
- Answer telephone; screen/direct calls, take and relay messages to office staff, as appropriate.
- Provide information to callers, including assisting with inquiries about PACE ECE programs, eligibility and enrollment information, locations of services, etc.
- Support the vision, mission, goals, and objectives of the Agency
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
This position requires a person with Administrative skills and the ability to read, write and understand both English and Spanish languages. This person must also have basic mathematic skills and the ability to follow written and verbal instructions. Must have the ability to work under pressure and meet schedules. Has the ability to work with diverse populations, handle multiple tasks and projects and plan and facilitate parent meetings. Has the availability to work on occasional weekday evenings and/or Saturdays.
- Three (3) year paid Head Start services, are preferred in ERSEA.
- Experience with recruiting, and working with low-income, culturally and linguistically diverse families,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Operating System and the following software programs: Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and other database programs.
- Strong data entry experience required
- Strong customer service skills
- 50-60% traveling required for this position
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to adhere to schedules and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to demonstrate competency in standard office practices and procedures.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent; advanced degree preferred.
- Proof of Covid Vaccine
- Valid California Driver’s License and proof of auto insurance
- Must pass a Department of Justice background check prior to the start of employment
The working conditions and physical demands of this position will be those that must be met to successfully perform the essential duties of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. The physical environment the incumbent will work in is typically an office environment with moderate noise levels that would be expected in that type of work environment.
- T.B. Test 60 days prior to employment, and every two (2) years thereafter (every 4 years for a chest X-ray).
- Must pass a physical examination at the time of hire, and every 2 years thereafter
- Representative physical demands of the job include normal vision and hearing, standing for extended periods, sitting for extended periods, kneeling and stooping, manipulating objects with hands, reaching overhead, and occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must provide proof of COVID vaccine (if not, it is required to take COVID vaccine within the first month of employment)