Kmart Jobs Sydney, As Australia’s biggest and most loved retailer, we’ve been brightening up everyday life for families for over 50 years. At our stores, distribution centers, and offices in Australia and New Zealand. All around the globe. Our diverse and inclusive 47,000-strong team comes together for a common cause. Giving families easy access to our on-trend products and incredibly low prices – it’s the heart of everything we do.
As a leader in the retail market, we’re optimistic about our future and yours. We’re relentless in our pursuit of results, but changing at a rapid rate, giving you challenging work that you’ll be proud of. We celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. Because at Kmart it’s not just what you do, it’s who you are that makes everyday living brighter.
Join the team
Store managers in our Kmart stores live and breathe the Kmart values and are responsible for ensuring there is a positive store culture where customer experience and safety culture remains our priority. You will manage the financial performance of the store and succession plan effectively to promote future leaders.
What you’ll be doing
As a Store Manager in a Kmart store you will:
- Manage the financial performance of the store.
- Build, coach, and inspire your team.
- Ensure plans and strategies are effectively deployed to increase sales.
- Implement strategies to reduce shrinkage and expenses.
- Provide clear direction to the management team.
- Enhance the overall customer experience for your community.
To be successful in this role you’ll have:
- Prior experience as Store Manager in a high-volume retail environment
- Experience coaching and leading large and diverse teams, Implementing business and individual development strategies
- Values that reflect a high level of commitment to ‘safety’, always thinking ‘customer’, and a belief in constantly motivating your team to ‘reach higher every day.
- The ability to foster strong relationships with team members, peers, customers, leaders, and business stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in budget and financial management, including wage control.
Benefits we’ll offer you:
- Great work-life balance – our managers work 1 in 3 weekends.
- A dynamic learning and support program.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Flexible working through our Flex Where, Flex When, Flex Well policy.
- A discount card for Kmart, Target, Officeworks, and Bunnings, plus other benefits.
- An inclusive, fun recognition program.
- A bonus program (where eligible)
- Development opportunities across Kmart Group (comprised of Kmart, Target, and Catch) as well as the broader Wesfarmers Group.
- Wesfarmers Share Plan access (where eligible)