LPN Jobs in Vancouver BC, Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for Licensed Practical Nurses to join the team in the Renal-Haemodialysis unit at Vancouver General Hospital in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Licensed Practical Nurse with VCH you will:
- Work closely with the Registered Nurse in direct care activities for the designated renal hemodialysis patient/client group.
- Provide care to clients and families based on stable and predictable states of health, perform activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating interventions, and coordinating health services based on established care plans.
- Participate in care planning, function as a client advocate, and teach clients and their families about illness/injury and overall health promotion and wellness.
- Enhance the quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance therapeutic relationships based on respect.
- Recognize and respond to unexpected client outcomes by communicating and collaborating with other members of the team.
- Document care provided and respond to incidents in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care providers as needed.
Please note that a cover letter and resume are required to apply for this specialty training opportunity.
Should there be insufficient qualified candidates available for the above position, VCH may fund post-basic training education.
Preference will be given to applicants with a minimum of 2 years of recent acute medical/surgical experience. Applicants must successfully complete the post-basic training education prior to working in the Department.
Online Prerequisites: September 6, 2022 – October 21, 202
Full-time training at BCIT & practicum locations: October 24, 2022 – December 9, 2022 course dates will be modified based on previous courses completed. VCH only funds required courses.
The post-basic training education program requires full-time attendance. Funding will consist of 100% of wages, tuition, and books during the training program.
Candidates accepting this training opportunity agree to remain with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) as a regular status nurse in the area of nursing applicable to the education program for which they are hired for at least 18 months subsequent to completing training.
This will ensure that candidates are able to consolidate and apply skills in the specialty area that VCH has supported and funded candidates to complete. In the event that a candidate leaves the area of nursing applicable to the education program for which they were hired or VCH in under 18 months, VCH will seek to recover the cost of the program.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses, successful completion of an advanced nephrology nursing program, and two (2) years of recent related experience working in an acute care environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group � Renal Hemodialysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of pathophysiology related to common diagnoses related to designated client group (e.g. Renal failure)
- Demonstrated ability to perform nursing assessments and interventions related to common diagnoses and specific clinical situations relevant to the designated client group (e.g. end-stage renal failure; simple wound care) including safe medication practices (e.g. Best Possible Medication History, transcription, and administration).
- Demonstrated ability to make sound clinical judgments to provide safe ethical client care to manage a select population of clients. Has knowledge of and accesses appropriate resources embedded within the service delivery model to support nursing practice. Knows when and how to seek out clinical support and guidance as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize potential complications and care issues relevant to the designated client group by alerting the RN and/or most responsible provider.
- Demonstrated ability and maintains competency in the correct usage of dialysis equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated ability to document client care on appropriate systems/forms in accordance with organizational and unit standards in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrated skill in techniques pertaining to hemodialysis.
- Demonstrated skill in performing LPN scope of practice and standards of care relevant to designated client population including infection control, etc.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world-class innovator in medical care, research, and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and “going first” when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve, and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental, and municipal pension plan.
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities.
- Wellness supports, including counseling, critical incident, and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families.
- Award-winning recognition programs to honor staff, medical staff, and volunteers.
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting the diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Related Jobs For You
|Jobs In Vancouver For Foreigners|
|Electrician Jobs Vancouver|
|Data Analyst Jobs Vancouver|
|Production Assistant Jobs Vancouver|
|Weekend Part-Time Jobs Vancouver|