Manager Jobs in Calgary AB, Pacekids Programs is a charitable organization that strives to empower children with special needs and their families through excellence in therapy and education. From as young as six months of age, Pacekids is there to support children with special needs and their families in the home, in the community, and in the classroom. Pacekids offers a dynamic, active environment, specializing in therapeutic learning, supporting each child’s unique developmental and physical needs.
If you are passionate about helping children with special needs and their families thrive, then Pacekids Programs is the organization for you!
Pacekids offers the challenge and reward of working in an integrated, child and family-focused environment – a setting that recognizes and appreciates your contribution and gives you the deep satisfaction of making a real difference.
|CAD 25 To CAD 30 Per Hour|
|Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2E 6Y4|
Pacekids is looking to hire a full-time (37.5 hours/week), Payroll Manager, to join our dynamic team. This position is based out of Pacekids’ north (808 55 Ave NE Calgary) location, with the flexibility for some remote work. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for managing the payroll program at Pacekids including accurate bi-weekly pay cycles and ongoing, timely, and customer-focused support to staff members. The Payroll Manager provides expert knowledge in payroll processes, Ceridian Dayforce, data management, year-end pay, income tax, etc.
As a key member of the finance and accounting team, the Payroll Manager exemplifies Pacekids’ values of collaboration, learning, respect, integrity, and accountability, and shares Pacekids’ vision and mission.
The Payroll Manager works collaboratively with other members of the Pacekids team. Diplomacy, tact, confidentiality, and conflict resolution skills are necessary as the impact of decisions made by this position will affect the entire organization, including staff members.
Include but are not limited to:
- Execute timely and accurate bi-weekly payroll for up to 200 full- and part-time staff members.
- Provide guidance/training to staff and serve as the payroll subject matter expert and escalation point to resolve issues.
- Comply with and enforce adherence to legal requirements through a concrete understanding of existing and new legislation.
- Process year-end documentation and reconciliations, including T2200 forms.
- Frequent audits and maintenance of data to ensure integrity within the payroll system (Ceridian Dayforce).
- Maintain technical knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce including seeking out opportunities for improvement.
- Process enrolments and terminations in the Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan.
- Support with the administration of Pacekids’ health benefits program, including ensuring accurate billings and deductions.
- Complete bank deposits on a bi-weekly or as-needed basis.
- Complete payroll-related WCB filing and reconciliation.
- Maintain an efficient and accurate filing system for all relevant documents.
- Maintain strictest privacy and confidentiality.
What You Bring
Core competencies and qualifications:
- Relevant education and a minimum of two (2) years of related payroll experience.
- Certified Payroll Manager designation an asset.
- Expertise in payroll systems, specifically Ceridian Dayforce.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting concepts, practices, procedures, and legislation.
- Proficient with technology (Microsoft Office, accounting, and payroll systems).
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks and deadlines that impact all staff and meet legislation requirements.
- Excellent customer service, organizational skills, attention to detail, and communication.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with an emphasis on self-initiative, professionalism, patience, maturity, and tact.
- Strong commitment to an environment of continuous improvement.
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion.
- A professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is essential.
- Clearance from a Criminal Record check, including a Vulnerable Sector check, current within the last six months; can be obtained upon hire within a designated time frame.
- Clearance from a Child Intervention Record Check, current within the last year; can be obtained upon hire within a designated time frame.
What We Offer
We are proud to offer a package that aligns with our values:
- A fun, supportive, and energetic team.
- An environment that encourages feedback and growth.
- An attractive compensation package that includes generous vacation, sick, and personal time entitlements as well as RRSP matching.
- A genuine understanding of work and life demands, offering options to help balance personal and work life.
- Support for professional development including extensive in-house learning and development programs and PD funds.
- The opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the lives of children and families.
Pacekids Programs is an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate a diverse workforce and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the grounds of race, color, ancestry, place of origin, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, family status, source of income, or sexual orientation.
Related Jobs For You
|No Experience Jobs Calgary Part-Time|
|Seasonal Jobs in Calgary|
|HR Jobs in Calgary|
|Pharmacy Technician Jobs Calgary|
|job in Calgary|