Mechanic Jobs in Edmonton, Canada, The successful candidate will be a responsible team player, a hard worker with a positive attitude, and enjoy working in, at times, a high-paced environment.
The successful candidate must be service orientated, well-mannered, professional and have strong attention to detail with previous truck and equipment dispatch experience.
Hiring Organization – Cliffs Transport, Recovery, Towing
Post Name – Heavy Duty Mechanic
Qualification – Bachelor’s Degree
Industry – Private
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours – 8 Hours
Salary – CAD 35 To CAD 42 Per Hour
Location – Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6N 1C2
- Diagnose, repair, and perform maintenance on diesel engines, transmissions, rear ends, differentials, electrical (electronics), power systems, hydraulics, and other service work as required in an efficient manner to minimize vehicle downtime.
- Complete all maintenance and repair activities in a safe manner; Update vehicle records as required.
- Keep track of all work performed, including parts ordered.
- Ensures the work area is clean and organized, and tools and equipment are accounted for and maintained.
- Conduct inspections and tests as required.
- Evaluate parts for reuse, repair, or replacement.
- Conducts themselves professionally at all times when dealing with drivers and third-party suppliers.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and safety programs.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Certified Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician (4 years) or Certified Journeyman Heavy Equipment Technician – Truck and Transport Mechanic (3 years)
- Current Class 5 Driver’s Licence (Class 1 or 3 considered an asset)
- CVIP is an asset.
- Experience with Caterpillar and Cummins engines.
- Ability to work on call or extended hours as needed.
- Proven knowledge of engine and gear repair, experience with computer diagnostics, and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Previous experience with apprentices.
- Office, shop, and outdoor environments