Medicinal Chemist Jobs in UK, CY Partners is pleased to have been selected as a partner to a leading contract research organization (CRO) collaborating with a broad range of organizations from global, blue chip pharmaceutical companies down to virtual biotechs.
My client operates across Europe, the US, and Asia and has a track record of delivering complex and challenging biologically active NCEs to support novel drug discovery projects. Due to ongoing expansion.
They are looking to hire an experienced Medicinal Chemist to join their state-of-the-art laboratory facility as they grow their Medicinal Chemistry function area significantly. The company has delivered clinically.
Candidates and backup compounds in multiple therapeutic areas. The Medicinal Chemist will join a capable, multi-disciplinary, international research division responsible for key medicinal chemistry activities across drug discovery including structure-activity
Relationships, the interpretation of biological data, the understanding of physicochemical properties, and providing general expertise in the drugging of challenging targets across a wide range of therapeutic areas including oncology, neurology, inflammation, virology, and anti-bacterial.
|Hiring Organization||CY Partners|
|Qualification||BSc, MSc, or Ph.D. qualification in Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 50000 Per Year|
|Location||Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom NE15 8NX|
Key Responsibilities of the Medicinal Chemist will include;
- Designing and synthesizing compounds with desirable biological activities
- Leading Hit to lead and Lead Optimisation projects
- Collaboration with internal and external pharmacology teams
- Collaboration with internal and external synthetic organic chemistry teams
- Expert input to solve challenging medical chemistry questions.
To be considered for the role of Medicinal Chemist you will need the following skills and experience.
- BSc, MSc, or Ph.D. qualification in Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Synthetic Chemistry, or a related subject
- Significant experience in drug design chemistry across hit to lead and lead optimization.
- Strong laboratory-based Synthetic Organic Chemistry skills.
- Experience working in a drug discovery company with a track record of delivering novel clinical candidates.
- Excellent Communication skills with the ability to coordinate within interdisciplinary teams.
- Good scientific record-keeping abilities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading drug discovery organization and play a key role in drug design and problem-solving to take novel drug molecules from hit to lead through to translational drug development.
Tagged as: Biotechnology, computer-aided drug design, drug design, Drug Discovery, Hit to lead, Lead Optimisation, Medicinal Chemist, Medicinal chemistry, NCE, Pharmaceutical, Pharmacology, Pre-clinical, R&D
Research and Development, a synthetic organic chemistry recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.