Monster Jobs Chicago, DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse who is looking to give life in an outpatient dialysis center. You can make an exceptional difference in the lives of our patients and their families dealing with end-stage renal failure or chronic kidney disease. If you haven’t considered Nephrology before, read on as we think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required.
What you can expect:
- Long-term patient relationships. Build meaningful relationships with patients and their families in an intimate outpatient setting.
- A team that feels and functions like a family. Staff RNs are a central part of a small interdisciplinary team of clinicians. Work alongside and support technicians, other nurses, dietitians, social workers, physicians, and the center manager.
- Fun is one of our core values. Happier nurses = healthier patients.
- Specialized, complex care. RNs deliver care to patients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
- Fast-paced. Our RNs oversee a group of patients (census dependent on state laws) with the support of PCTs to conduct patient observations, measuring stats, and machine setup. You will work with your head, heart, and hands each day.
- Schedule. Shifts are typically 10-12 hours, 3-4 days per week. Schedule times will vary by location but most of our RNs work early morning or day shifts. Some holidays are required.
- A clinical leader: DaVita has the highest percentage of facilities meeting or exceeding CMS’s standards in the government’s two key performance programs. We expect our nurses to commit to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality improvement initiatives.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 or a medical/religious exemption is required. Teammates with a medical/religious exemption may need to submit to weekly COVID-19 testing.
What We’ll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most including:
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access to Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave, and more
- Paid training: DaVita offers all new dialysis teammates a robust, paid training program to help you learn the right dialysis skills. The training is a mix of classroom and hands-on training.
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experiences for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient-facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey. We offer programs such as:
- THRIVE: Develops high-potential nurses, clinical coordinators, and clinic nurse managers into operational managers
- DSSL & SPARK – Gives clinical teammates the chance to develop their supervisory and leadership skill set
- 100+ CEU courses at no cost
- Gateway: A web-based application available to teammates for career planning, learning and training, and recognition. It allows you to access new courses and CE credits and explore career paths on your own time. It also has a newsfeed to keep you up to date on Village news and functions as a social platform to connect you to teammates
Some details about this position:
- Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic with a class of new teammates other than your assigned home clinic
- You must be flexible on the final home clinic placement it may be in a different location; there is also the potential to float to various clinics during and after your training
- You must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holiday
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice; Graduate Nurse pre-licensure available in some locations
- A desire to deliver care in an empathetic, compassionate way. You know, the way you’d want your own care to be
- Experience assessing, troubleshooting, and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from an accredited school of nursing is required; a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); a three-year diploma from an accredited diploma program may be substituted for a nursing degree
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook. You will be required to chart patients’ assessments, orders, and care notes in our electronic medical record system.
- You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
- Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience
- Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)
At DaVita, we strive to be a community first and a company second. We want all teammates to experience DaVita as “a place where I belong.” Our goal is to embed Diversity & Belonging into everything we do in our Village so that it becomes part of who we are.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. As such, individuals are recruited, hired, assigned, and promoted without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.