Nursing Assistant Jobs San Antonio, US, The NA functions as a member of the nursing care team and assists lower graded NAs, licensed nursing staff, and other members of the care team in the care of patients/residents receiving outpatient care, home or community living care, or other patients who are in acute, sub-acute, or chronic states of illness.
- Completes all care assignments in a safe and timely manner
- Actively participates in unit-level quality improvement activities and attends huddles, team meetings, and assigned committees.
- Completes applicable documentation per policy including but not limited to Intake/Output, daily weights, vital signs, pain score, hourly rounding, and blood glucose testing with accurate comments for notification.
- Uses the appropriate equipment for safe patient handling to include but is not limited to SCDs, bladder scanner, Bucks tractions, lift equipment, CPM, and a glucometer to include maintenance of quality controls as applicable.
- Adheres to all reusable medical equipment (RME) standard operating procedures.
- Participates in the equipment inventory process.
- Implements the appropriate interventions to prevent/reduce hospital-acquired pressure ulcers and the patient falls under the direction of the RN/LVN.
- Performs nursing procedures within the scope of practice and according to policies and standard procedures to care for the veteran for such procedures, including but not limited to catheterization, colostomy care, skin care, simple dressing, application of braces, and prosthetic devices.
- May assist with surgical skin preparation to include hair clipping and holding limbs.
- Participates in maintaining a clean, safe environment for the Veteran.
- Maintains BLS certification and demonstrates proper procedure in initiating CPR.
- Transports patients safely and professionally as assigned using hand-off communication tools.
- Transports medication, supplies, equipment, blood and specimens, and any other transport need as directed.
- Monitors patients according to levels of observation i.e. 1:1 veterans as well as veterans in close observation status in accordance with facility policies.
- Age differences – delivers nursing care that reflects the various phases of the life cycle from 18 to 85 years and over.
- Performs other tasks requested by the RN/LVN or primary care provider.
- Provides assistance with coordination of daily activities under the direction
- Provides assistance to all levels of clinical and non-clinical staff when
warranted and within the level of competence and scope of practice as indicated
within the unit-specific competencies.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job.
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to the appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Subject to background/security investigation.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- Must pass a pre-employment physical examination.
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Personnel (HCP).
- Participation in the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination program is a requirement for all Veterans Health Administration Health Care Personnel (HCP) – See “Additional Information” below for details.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Education or Training. One year above high school with courses related to the [NA] occupation. Completion of an intensive, specialized, occupation-related course of study of less than one year as a nursing assistant may also meet in full the experience requirements for GS-03.
- English Language Proficiency. NAS must be proficient in spoken and written English in accordance with VA Handbook 5005, part II, chapter 3, section A, paragraph 3j.
- Grandfathering Provisions. All Nursing Assistants employed in VHA on the effective date of this qualification standard are considered to have met all qualification requirements for the series and grade held that are part of the basic requirements of the occupation.
- 2 or more Years of experience as a Nursing Assistant
- Current BLS
- Current certification as a Nursing Assistant
Related Jobs For You
|Spectrum Jobs San Antonio, US|
|Medical Assistant Jobs San Antonio, US|
|Monster Jobs in San Antonio, USA|
|RN Jobs San Antonio|
|Marketing Jobs In San Antonio,US|