Nursing Jobs in London, Canada
- Our Village of Glendale Crossing, located in London, Ontario has an exciting opportunity for a FULL-TIME REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE to join their village team.
- Please know you will be expected to work every other weekend.
- At Schlegel Villages, you can be YOU while being part of OUR Family.
Hiring Organization – The Village of Glendale Crossing
Post Name – Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
Qualification – Graduate Degree
Industry – Private
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours – 8 Hours
Salary – CAD 40 To CAD 45 Per Hour
Location – London, Ontario, Canada N6L 0B6
How Schlegel Villages supports our Team Members:
- Ongoing training
- Personal & Professional Growth Opportunities
- Benefits and access to our Employee Family Assistance Program
- Discounts at Village Services
- Team appreciation events
- Access to The Wilfred Schlegel Hope Fund
- Retirement Savings
As our new RAI Coordinator, you will:
- Hold current registration as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Provide the Village team with tools and training to collect RAI/MDS information which may serve to improve the quality of life for each resident in our Village
- Maintain a Current AIS certification
- Deliver leadership to audits, therapeutic and restorative programs, and education initiatives which may be used to maximize flexible living for each resident
- Hold current Heart Save Level of CPR
- Be excited by our objectives, our Village philosophy, and the family values that shape all aspects of life in a Schlegel Village
- Display a caring and respectful attitude toward our residents, families, and team members
- Understand the physical, mental, and emotional demands of the RPN role
It would be an asset if our new RAI Coordinator has:
- A current RPNAO membership
- Demonstrable experience collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, legislation, regulations, and best practices applicable to the retirement and long-term care sector (e.g. RAI processes and CIHI, supplies, equipment ordering, etc.)
As a new RAI – Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) joining our Village, you will:
Support and embrace our resident-centered social culture and be proud to deliver the highest quality of personal care to our residents. You will work as key members of our Village and neighborhood multidisciplinary teams to understand residents’ individual needs and advocate for residents to actively participate in decisions about their care.
Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) at Schlegel Villages foster exemplary relationships with residents, their families, and the Village team to deliver holistic care to our residents and to provide safe administration of medication and treatments with a focus on accuracy, quality, and meeting our residents’ quality of life requests.
Our Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) follow plans of care (or service plans) in accordance with the standards of the College of Nurses and are quickly able to identify and report any changes in the resident’s well-being to the Charge Nurse and Village leadership team.