Nursing Jobs Los Angeles For Indians, A unique nursing position for a Registered Nurse to work with the client’s in a long-term relational program in which the nursing role is key in helping our clients return to functioning in all areas of their lives, including work, school, health, family, and other relationships.
They are responsible for coordinating medication and health needs for our clients. The team nurse works with the whole interdisciplinary team in a collaborative and supportive environment. This is a part-time (approximately 20 hours per week) position.
- Registered Nurse with California License
- Minimum one year of psychiatric nursing experience
- Minimum one year of experience in a clinical psychiatric environment
- Excellent organizational skills are a must
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to multi-task
- Must have skills and competencies to establish supportive trusting relationships with persons with severe and persistent mental illnesses as well as family and other members of the clients’ network
- Must have a valid driver’s license, dependable automobile, active auto insurance, and a clean driver’s record
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide ongoing assessment of clients’ physical health symptoms and clients’ response to treatment. Make appropriate changes to the treatment plan to ensure immediate interventions are provided in response to changes in medication/health.
- Provide management and administration of medication, in conjunction with team psychiatrist.
- Provide medication/health education to clients and families.
- Focusing on issues related to psychiatric medications and physical health, providing direct clinical services to clients on an individual basis in the office and in community settings.
- Educate and support clients’ families and advocate for clients’ rights and preferences
- Conduct holistic and comprehensive medical assessments along with other team members
- Act as liaison and consult with medical-related community agencies to maintain coordination in the treatment process
- Attend medical appointments with clients in the community or by telehealth
- Document client progress to maintain a permanent record of client activity according to established methods and procedures.
- Other related duties as assigned
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Problem-solving skills on both strategic and functional levels
- Commitment to company values
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong team player
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, drive a vehicle, use hands to type, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, bend, walk up and down stairs, talk, hear, and see. The employee must be able to occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Most work is performed indoors.