NYGH Job Toronto Canada, IMAGINE is a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From the boardroom to the bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital (NYGH), we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centered care and as one of Canada’s leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research, and innovation.
North York General Hospital is part of North York Toronto Health Partners, a collaborative partnership with patients, primary care, and community partners, a first-generation Ontario Health Team, driving the development of a locally integrated health system to serve the community. As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At North York General, our team is making a world of difference.
Project Coordinator, Planning, Redevelopment & Support
Your goal in this position is to actively engage in the implementation of planning and redevelopment projects, which vary from small renovation projects to large-scale redevelopments. You will support this process and coordinate and oversee multiple projects in a timely and effective manner through all phases of a project, including feasibility, planning, design, implementation to completion, ensuring all stakeholders involved are well informed throughout the process.
You will be working in support of a Project Manager or independently, as project complexity dictates. You have strong organizational, time-management, and negotiation skills. You also have excellent verbal and written communication skills. You have the ability to multi-task, deal with change, and coordinate resources.
You have attention to detail. This position supports the Hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide a healthy environment for patients, staff, physicians, volunteers, and families.
On a practical level, you will
- Coordinate meetings with departments and take a leadership role in reviewing and discussing potential renovation space
- Provide direction, advice, and guidance on renovations, listen and take minutes at meetings, asking questions to fully understand the need and to capture the smallest of details. Draw space plans in detail and list requirements.
- Review renovation plans with departments until the design is right and approvals are given
- Discuss potential renovations with all stakeholders
- Determine who’s suitable and most economical for the job (staff, contractors, or a combination of both)
- Fill out renovation budget estimate forms’ showing total costs and work breakdowns by trades, which are then forwarded to the Manager, Redevelopment
- Coordinate multiple Projects through different phases, including planning, design, procurement, construction, and occupancy planning
- Coordinate communication with external and internal project stakeholders, including but not limited to: consultants, contractors, clinical user groups, IPAC, support services, security
- Inform department heads and IPAC when renovations receive approval; re-confirm the plan and design of the space, and infection control parameters
- Prepare work schedules outlining steps and processes to get the renovations started and completed
- Coordinate timelines with contractors and internal staff in consultation with the Manager, Redevelopment
- Coordinate process for RFPs, which includes writing and reviewing submissions, documentation, and award contracts with LHINS, MoHLTC, and City, in consultation with the Manager, Redevelopment
- Discuss implementation plans with department heads, establish project completion dates, and provide updates throughout the project
- Review renovations daily to ensure work is progressing according to schedule and areas are safe and clean. Coordinate the final cleaning of space with Environmental Services and inform them of impending moves
- Order new signage and/or make adjustments to existing
- Upon completion, review space, note deficiencies, and have them resolved quickly
- Maintain reports and databases related to project activity and reporting
- Perform inspections throughout both sites assessing service work and potential renovation areas. Conduct quality assurance audits and writes department policies and procedures
- Prepare and manage purchase requisitions, invoices, and signoffs for required project documents
- Contact person for new signage requests and revisions to existing (wayfinding, department, and office)
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree or diploma in architecture, engineering, engineering technology, or construction management, or equivalent experience
- Project Management Professional designation or equivalent experience
- Experience in healthcare construction, infection prevention and control during construction, and occupational health & safety
- Bilingualism in French/English is an asset