Paralegal Jobs Los Angeles For Student, A two-year position supporting paralegals and attorneys in the litigation group. This position is an opportunity for individuals interested in law school to gain prior legal experience.
A Junior Paralegal, under the supervision and direction of a Paralegal, performs substantive tasks that assist our paralegal and attorney teams in preparing for the case or matter at every stage of the litigation process from case inception to completion (initial pleading, factual discovery,
Expert discovery, pre-trial, trial, and post-trial/appellate stages). The projects range from case material compilation for attorney review to participation at trial. Extensive hours and travel required. This is not an administrative position.
Kirkland & Ellis LLP is a preeminent, full-service law firm with offices around the world and a staff as diverse as the practice areas we support. Our clients range from Fortune 100 companies to medium and small corporations, financial institutions, and private equity firms.
Known for our commitment to excellence, Kirkland strives to provide superior service to our clients as well as our fellow employees. From Information Technology to Human Resources, Paralegal Services to Business Development,
Kirkland offers non-attorney professionals challenging careers in a variety of functional areas. Whether starting or growing your career, Kirkland can offer a performance-driven culture filled with bright and innovative teams of a co-worker.
Essential Functions: (This list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented and changed as necessary).
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Perform work in an efficient and cost-effective manner; meet expectations of billable hours;
- Assist with the court filings and services, trial preparation, and the preparation, production, and organization of legal documents and binders;
- Assist with preparation for interviews, depositions, and/or client meetings;
- Organize and manage electronic and paper files;
- Perform manual and electronic searches using external systems and internal databases, as well as manage databases in accordance with firm standards;
- Update attorney and case team binders;
- Coordinate with internal resources and outside vendor services;
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective work relationships with others;
- Comply with and understand the firm operation, policies, and procedures. Perform other related duties as assigned;
- Work overtime as required; travel as required;
- Handle additional related projects as assigned;
- Employ various Firm resources, e.g. TextMap, Relativity, SharePoint, LegalKey, and DMS;
- Commitment to work overtime and travel as needed, which maybe be extensive at times, and may include weekends or holidays with the potential to be for extended periods of time and on short notice;
- Any other functions/duties as assigned by management;
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Fundamental proficiency in MS Outlook, MS Word, and document editing/comparison applications;
- Fundamental proficiency in MS Excel and spreadsheet/database applications;
- Fundamental proficiency in MS PowerPoint and presentation applications, as well as Adobe;
- Fundamental proficiency in online research and internet resources (Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw, and equivalents);
- Ability to navigate various electronic databases and document repositories;
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills; strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing;
- Ability to work well independently, as well as effectively within a team;
- Ability to handle sensitive matters and maintain confidentiality;
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Kirkland & Ellis LLP. To complete an application and submit your resume, please click “Apply Now.”
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance,
Family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
The www.kirkland.com job postings and recruiting mailbox are for candidates only. If you are a recruiter, search firm, or employment agency, and do not have a signed contract with Kirkland & Ellis LLP (“K&E”) and have not been asked specifically to submit candidates,
You will not be compensated in any way for your referral of a candidate even if K&E hires the candidate. Direct contact with K&E employees in an attempt to present candidates is inappropriate and will be a factor in determining any future professional relationship with the Firm.