Part Time Guard Jobs Mississauga, The City of Mississauga Aquatics provides many opportunities for part-time employment, both year-round and seasonally. Join our Aquatics team and get more than just a job, get an experience that will last a lifetime.
As part of our dynamic team, you will develop teamwork, leadership, self-confidence, and interpersonal skills. Qualified and trained Lifeguards and Swimming Instructors are an integral part of our community.
All of our staff play an important role in maintaining a safe aquatic environment and providing enjoyable swimming lessons for people of all ages.
Please note: Successful candidates will be placed into one of our pools if and when a vacancy occurs. This could take several weeks to months to be placed into one of our facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and maintain a safe, enjoyable environment for all swimmers.
- Teach all swimming program levels to participants.
- Participate in pre-season and in-service training during September 2022.
- Successfully complete all online training modules.
- Assist with special events and facility promotion.
- Incorporate and model the HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development in program delivery where appropriate.
- Perform various other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- 16 years of age and older
- Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor, Lifesaving Instructor and Emergency First Aid Instructor
- Lifesaving National Lifeguard Pool
- Standard First Aid Certification and CPR “C” with AED (Lifesaving Society, Red Cross, St John’s Ambulance or Canadian Ski Patrol).
- HIGH FIVE ® Principles of Healthy Child Development.
- Shift work, including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Part-time positions may be available.
- Proof of current awards must be provided.
- A Level 3 – Vulnerable Sector Check will be required of the successful candidate, as a condition of employment, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.