Maintenance Supervisor Jobs in Kitchener
Part Time Jobs in Kitchener- We are looking for a competent Maintenance Supervisor to manage maintenance in our facilities. You will be responsible for hiring and training staff and ensuring the smooth running of upkeep or repair operations.
An excellent maintenance supervisor must be reliable and have a great eye for detail. They must have technical skills and knowledge of various crafts such as carpentry, plumbing etc. Leadership and knowledge of administrative tasks such as scheduling are also essential.
The goal is to ensure that facilities are in a good and safe condition at all times.
Maintenance Supervisor is a professional who oversees and inspects maintenance facilities to ensure the smooth running of upkeep or repair operations.
In order to attract Maintenance Supervisor that best matches your needs, it is very important to write a clear and precise Maintenance Supervisor job description.
Are you an experienced Maintenance Supervisor looking for an opportunity to advance your career?
If you are self-motivated, proactive individual who is prepared to go the extra mile to achieve the desired results, we have the perfect job for you!
We are looking for a hardworking Maintenance Supervisor to oversee and inspect maintenance of our facilities.
If you possess the powerful positive drive and commitment to maintain strong process control and behavioral discipline, we would love to have you on our team!
One of the most renowned employment agencies in the Canadian Manufacturing, Engineering, and Technology recruitment is Dawn Staffing Solutions Inc.
With our team of specialized recruiters and strong database, we are able to secure qualified candidates to work with companies ranging from emerging growth companies to Fortune 500 clients for a wide range of positions.
As part of the hiring process, we will work with you to ensure your complete satisfaction. An open-door policy encourages collaboration and team spirit, and our employees achieve this in a flexible, supportive environment.
As job seekers and companies seeking to hire them, our firm believes in establishing relationships.
- Company Name: Dawn Staffing Solutions Inc
- Post: Maintenance Supervisor
- Employment Type: Part Time
- Qualification: Graduation
- Job Experience: Fresher & Experience
- Salary: $70,000 to $75,000 Per Year
- Industry: Private
- Job Location: Kitchener, ON, Canada
- Working Hours: 4 Hours
- Work Remotely: No
Maintenance Supervisor Responsibilities for Part Time Jobs in Kitchener:
- Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
- Recruit, supervise and train maintenance technicians
- Hire and supervise tradesmen during installations, repairs or maintenance (electricians, plumbers etc.)
- Inspect and maintain building systems (heating, ventilation etc.)
- Contribute to the development of maintenance budget and ensure compliance
- Monitor inventory of materials and equipment
- Participate in coordination of projects (e.g. renovations)
- Ensure adherence to quality standards and health and safety regulations
Maintenance Supervisor Important Responsibility for Part Time Jobs in Kitchener:
- Prepare maintenance schedules in line with the organization’s maintenance goals and monitoring PM compliance.
- Frequently inspect facilities to proactively detect potential problems and recommend the necessary repair or maintenance.
- Provide support and advice during staff recruitment and ensure the proper onboarding and training process.
- Oversee and enforce good record-keeping practices (be it pen and paper or CMMS software like Limble).
- Generate work orders, enter comprehensive job details, and assign work to qualified team members.
- Occasionally inspect the quality of performed maintenance work.
- Communicate policies, procedures, and any updates to maintenance staff.
- Check that every single job is executed on time, to the budget, and without compromising building users’ safety.
- Work closely with vendors, outsourced service providers, and contractors to protect the interests of the facility.
- Keep an eye on materials and spare parts inventory.
- Help with the development of maintenance procedures and proactive maintenance programs like preventative maintenance.
- Recommend budget items, contributing to the development of an annual maintenance budget.
- Recommend upgrades, overhauls, and other changes to major systems and equipment.
- Actively participate in projects (e.g. remodeling or renovation).
- Actively discuss staff-related challenges with senior management.
- Help out with day-to-day equipment maintenance work when needed.
- Check that the premises are safe and not in violation of any regulations.
- Communicate directly with building occupants to resolve service requests.
Maintenance Supervisor Duties for Part Time Jobs in Kitchener:
- Inspect and oversee facilities to resolve problems
- Perform a variety of maintenance activities as needed
- Develop and maintain a planning and scheduling routine and preventive maintenance of equipment, prioritizing and estimating work and technical assistance when developing job plans
- Manage, motivate, develop and provide direct leadership to maintenance staff
- Hire and oversee outside professionals such as electricians, plumbers etc.
- Inspect and maintain building systems such as heating, electrical, air conditioning, ventilation etc.
- Perform periodic inspections of recently maintained equipment so as to observe the quality of the maintenance performed and the operating condition of the equipment
- Keep in check and regulate budget and track maintenance expenditures
- Regularly check and inspect the material and tools inventory and place order when needed
- Assist with the implementation of capital projects
- Approving maintenance strategy including monthly reporting and KPI validation
- Ensure compliance with quality, health and safety rules, guidelines and regulations
Maintenance Supervisor Skills for Part Time Jobs in Kitchener:
- Proven experience as maintenance supervisor or similar role
- Strong technical knowledge of all building systems (electrical, heating etc.)
- Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations
- Understanding of budgeting and performance management
- Excellent planning and leadership abilities
- An eye for detail. Computer savvy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High school diploma; Degree from a vocational school will be a plus
- Professional Certifications (e.g. CMRP or HVAC certified) are preferred
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Supervisor for (x) year(s)
- Professional Certifications (e.g. CMRP or HVAC certified) will be considered an advantage
- In-depth knowledge of different building systems (heating, electrical, air conditioning, ventilation etc.)
- Familiarity with relevant health and safety standards and regulations
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Display confidence during the interview.
- Let the interviewer start the dialogue.
- Maintain eye contact.
- Develop answers in your head before you respond.
- Positive end to the interview is another way to ensure your success.
- guidelines to protect yourself from scams-
- Don’t provide confidential information until you have signed a contract with the potential employer.
- Do not share your personal, non-work related information or Bank information over phone or email.
- Do not trust anyone asking for any kind of payment for Job Applications.
- Beware of anyone promising a guaranteed job/interview call.