Part Time Jobs in Mississauga for Students, Love kids and being outdoors? Want to be a part of the school community?
A part-time job for just a few hours of the day. Here’s the opportunity for you! We are hiring Crossing Guards for various locations in Mississauga
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Supervisor, Crossing Guards the successful candidate:
- Assists pedestrians in safely crossing roadways at designated school crossings
- Communicates rules of safe crossing to both students and adults
- Must ensure compliance with the Highway Traffic Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, and the City’s Respectful Workplace Policy. etc.
- Must wear supplied safety clothing and use all safety equipment as per training by the Supervisor, Crossing guards and /or Team Leader, Crossing Guards and/or Field Leader/Crossing Guards.
- May assist in training other crossing guards if requested.
- Must report incidents at the crossing to the supervisor, following up with the school officials and/or Peel Regional Police as directed by Supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be in good physical condition in order to be able to stand and walk holding a stop sign for up to one hour at a time in all weather conditions
- Must demonstrate good hearing and eyesight
- Should have good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently without direct day-to-day supervision
- Must be available to work 3 shifts per day during the school year, at school entry, lunch, and dismissal times as per the provided hours of duty
- You will be working 3 shifts consisting of up to 3.5 hours a day, during an 8-hour window
- Work Location: Various
- Department/Division/Section: T&W/Transportation&Works Dept , T&W/Traffic Mgt &
- Municipal Parking Div, Traffic Services & Road Safety
- Non-Union/Union: Non Union
COVID-19 Update: As per the City’s Employee Recruitment Policy, all external candidates (including previously employed individuals) must show their Fully Vaccinated Confirmation or apply for and receive confirmation of creed or medical exemption from the City before their first day.
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) or Vulnerable Sector Check (Level 3) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.