Part Time Jobs in Mississauga For Students, The Town of Milton is seeking an Arts and Culture Student for a 6-month contract in the Culture and Community Investment Division of the Community Services Department (working up to 24 hours per week).
Reporting to the Coordinator, Cultural services, and working collaboratively with Arts Milton, the Arts and Culture Student will support the goals and initiatives outlined in Milton’s Culture Plan. This position is funded by the Canadian Parks and Recreation Association (CPRA) Youth Employment Experience.
- Researches best practices of other municipalities for collections management, acquisition, and de-acquisition of community-initiated artwork.
- Assists in the research, development, and writing of community-initiated artwork guidelines and work with planning and heritage departments, as required.
- Supports research projects, outreach initiatives, events, and programs by the Town of Milton and Arts Milton
- Provide support to artist-led engagements in the community.
- Meet with community members and organizations as required.
- Participate in internal and external working group meetings.
- Champion culture in the Town and share information community and personal networks.
- Attends interdepartmental and regional culture meetings, as required
- Frequents FirstOntario Arts Centre Milton staff meetings.
Education and Experience
- Demonstrated interest in arts and culture.
- Organized, independent, and self-motivated individual.
- Comfort with public speaking.
- Basic photography and video editing skills.
- Access to personal laptop/computer.
- A valid Ontario Driver’s License with a driving record that demonstrates responsible/safe driving behavior. Access to a personal vehicle may occasionally be required.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive);
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or protected persons as defined by the Refugee Protection Act;
- Individuals legally entitled to work in Canada; and
- Individuals are legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial jurisdiction’s legislation and regulations
Priority will be given to applicants who face barriers to employment and/or youth at risk in municipal, community, and regional environments including those who self-identify as: youth living in rural or remote locations, Indigenous youth, LGBTQ2+ youth, visible minorities (youth), youth with disabilities, youth who are new Canadians, language minorities, etc.
Related Jobs For You
|Part-Time Jobs Hamilton Ontario|
|Theatre Part-Time Jobs Mississauga|
|Part-Time Jobs Sutherland Shire|
|Part-Time Job Jakarta|
|Indeed Part Time Jobs Mississauga|