Part-Time Mississauga Jobs, The purpose of this position is to assist the overall operation of the City’s public Marinas, working in compliance with all relevant Corporate Policies and Procedures, By-laws, expectations, and mandates.
This position requires strong customer service skills and knowledge of Marina Operations. There is a requirement to assist in some Parks Operations functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Registering and processing visitor boating applications
- Organization boat slip allocation
- Answering phone inquiries on behalf of the Marina
- Reserving boat slips and processing payment through CLASS
- Adhering to cash handling policies, assisting customers with docking and registering vessels
- Selling of Marina supplies through CLASS
- Minor repairs to docks, cleaning, power washing, painting, and facility cleaning including washrooms.
- Some minor parks maintenance in partnership with Parks Operations, including waste removal, weeding, and cleaning of indoor facilities (e.g. meeting rooms)
- Support inventory controls for the marina, concessions materials and supplies.
Skills and Qualifications
- The candidate must be a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual with excellent public relations and organizational skills.
- Emergency First Aid Certification CPR “C” required.
- Cash handling experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Marina’s operations is preferred.
- Knowledge of small boat handling and V.H.F. radio license an asset.
- Green patch CSA-approved safety boots required, 6″ – 8″ to cover ankle or runner style safety shoes and beige or navy blue shorts required.
- Weekend shifts and public holidays are required.
- Excellent customer service skills along with clear and concise communication ability required.