Pathology Jobs Melbourne, The successful applicant will rotate through various sections of the laboratory and be responsible for the routine processing of specimens according to established and documented laboratory procedures.
The goal of the Medical Laboratory Technician is to become a valued member of the histopathology ‘team’ and to achieve high quality, accurate and timely work.
In addition, the Medical Laboratory Technician may be responsible for the accession of specimens and for day-to-day maintenance of equipment, preparation of laboratory reagents, and replenishment of stock as required.
Loading slides onto Immunohistochemistry staining machine, and direct transfer of Simple Specimens may be required.
- Produce high-quality, accurate, and timely preparations
- Comply with all documented ‘Specimen Validity Checks’ to achieve a zero error rating in the area of maintaining specimen integrity
- Perform all bench work according to documented methods
- You will hold a relevant Diploma of Laboratory Technology, Diploma of Science, or equivalent
- Minimum of 4 years of laboratory experience in a Histopathology Diagnostic Laboratory
- Good knowledge of routine histopathology laboratory practice and techniques
- Current National criminal history check, or willing to obtain
What we offer
- Salary Packaging – Increase your take-home pay!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career development & advancement encouraged
- Culture of continuous improvement
About Anatomical Pathology Department
Our laboratory is committed to providing the most comprehensive range of diagnostic services available, it is N.A.T.A. and R.C.P.A. accredited.
The consultants are specialists in a wide range of histological and cytopathological investigations.
They are supported by medical scientists with considerable experience in all areas of anatomical pathology.
Working at St Vincent’s
St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (SVHM) is a leading teaching, research, and tertiary health service. SVHM provides a diverse range of adult clinical services and is driven by values of Compassion, Justice, Integrity, and Excellence.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Inclusion is essential to our mission and diversity reflects the community we serve.
Please visit our website, for further information regarding our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment at SVHM.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine-preventable diseases in healthcare settings. You may therefore be required to undergo mandatory immunizations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).