Basic Purpose of the role
Pharmacist Jobs in Abu Dhabi, The Pharmacy Technician is responsible for proactively assisting in providing patients and clinical providers with therapeutic assessments and selected disease management, whilst working toward improving patient and clinical practice outcomes. The Technician will ensure the delivery of International standards of care in accordance with established National and International practices, policies, and procedures.
|Hiring Organization||Reem Hospital|
|Qualification||Diploma in Pharmacy program (Minimum two (2) years course duration).|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AED 20 To AED 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates 00000|
Key responsibilities of the role
Contribute to developing Pharmacy service standards and ensure they are consistently met. Acting as a role models, they will deliver high clinical and operational performance standards by developing and supporting the Pharmacy Team.
Collaborates with nursing and allied health staff at all levels, interdisciplinary teams, executive officers, and other stakeholders in the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs and services.
To market, promote, and profile the service to patients, referrers, and the general public and to undertake business development activities.
Ensures the reporting of all adverse events, incidents, and near misses. Contributes to investigations of complaints and incidents and drafts responses as required in a timely manner.
Contributes to the monitoring of key performance indicators and developing action plans as required Responsible for the implementation and delivery of age-appropriate patient care congruent with the mission, vision, and values of the organization. Prepare and fill medications accurately prior to the pharmacist’s final check. Perform double checks on the pharmacist’s order entry for all orders/prescriptions.
Calculate accurate quantities of medication for unit dose cassettes, pre-packing, and prescriptions.
- Perform dosage calculations as required for IV admixtures.
- Measure and prepare IV medications for TPN and IV admixtures.
- Follows correct aseptic techniques and IV room procedures.
- Calculate and compound ingredients required to prepare extemporaneous preparations.
- Keep accurate records of ward stock issues in all departments/patient care areas/clinics.
- Participate in rolling inventory counts.
- Participate in annual pharmacy inventory counts.
- Monitor medication expiry dates, flag early expiries with labels and rotate inventory accordingly.
- Remove and replace expired medication.
- Perform patient care areas/clinic ward stock inspections.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in the specialty.
- Utilizes evidence-based practice to develop and implement standards that guide practice improvement initiatives.
- Participates in quality management activities as assigned and at a personal level of accountability, i.e. accreditation process.
- Evaluates factors related to safety, outcomes, effectiveness, cost, and social impact when developing and implementing practice innovations.
- Participate in the Hospital’s Quality and Audit Programmes and evaluate the impact of new practices.
- Actively participates with the Pharmacist and Senior Pharmacist in staff development activities consistent with service delivery and individual learning goals.
- Maintains a primary role in departmental and interdepartmental related educational activities.
- Maintains a significant role in the creation and execution of Hospital programs, hospital quality development, policy and procedures, and competencies.
- Actively participates in the Clinical Competency Programme.
Participates in the formulation of Quality Assurance programs in line with strategic direction.
Participates on relevant committees and on special projects as required.
Maintains confidentiality regarding patient/staff information.
Ensures all allied health staff maintains confidentiality regarding patient/staff information.
Functions as a clinical resource to all Staff and acts as liaison with other disciplines and departments.
Promotes positive public relations with patients, peers, medical staff, and members of the general public.
Collaborates with personnel from non-clinical department/disciplines regarding issues that may negatively impact patient care; facilitate solutions as needed.
Maintain a positive work environment for staff and promote team efforts, promote and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff.
Adheres to the policies of Occupational Health and Safety and Infection Control Guidelines in all work practices.
The position does have heavy exposure to malodorous, infectious body fluids from patients and minimal exposure to noxious smells from cleansing agents.
The position requires high exposure to infectious wastes such as blood and body fluids that mandate the wearing of gloves, masks, and goggles for every actual or potential exposure.
Emotionally self-aware, practicing self-control, able to empathetically interact and understand the team and their needs, and demonstrates effective management of relations to ensure team success and better patient care outcomes.
- Acts as a role model for all staff.
- Maintains a personal record of continuing education attendances, (direct or indirect).
- Demonstrates evidence of ongoing professional development in leadership and management.
- Actively participates in the annual system of performance evaluation.
Qualifications, Certifications, and Experience
- Diploma in Pharmacy program (Minimum two (2) years course duration).
- Maintains valid, current licensure from own country.
- BLS certification.
- Not less than 2 years as a Pharmacy Technician within an acute care hospital.
- NB – Experience as a sales representative or in a drug store is not acceptable.
- Knowledge of UAE Health Regulations.
- International accreditation experience.
- The ability to influence and implement change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with others.
- Organized and able to work methodically.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Able to relate to people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
The position requires a considerable amount of physical work. The individual must be able to quickly maneuver through halls, stairways, and patient rooms in response to hospital emergencies. The following denotes the key physical requirements for the job which may require: Standing, Simple Grasping, Fine Manipulation, Operation of Machinery / Equipment, Lifting/overhead reaching, Twisting, Climbing / Balancing, Crouching / Squatting, and Reaching.
In addition, the position requires office work involving extensive use of the computer and interdepartmental coordination. Typical physical demands include: a high degree of manual dexterity to sufficiently perform computer functions on a keyboard, produce materials on a PC and operate basic office equipment, normal or corrected vision and hearing, extensive sitting and walking, mobility sufficient to visit with departments or employees throughout the facility and lift up to 13 kgs.