Pharmacy Technician Jobs in Calgary Alberta, Assists pharmacists to fill and dispensing prescriptions for patients. Assists patients at the counter to retrieve prescriptions, and processes register transactions. Orders and stocks drugs, supplies, and over-the-counter merchandise. Updates patient records and inventory, processes invoices, and makes accounting entries using a computerized system. Dispenses prescription medications utilizing pharmacy standards.
Daily tasks and responsibilities:
- Assists patients at the counter receiving written prescriptions for Pharmacists and retrieves filled prescriptions. Processes register transactions. Receives payment, makes a change, and processes checks, credit, and debit charges. Provides prompt and courteous patient services. Answers phones, and directs members to product location.
- Obtains patient medical history and maintains confidential computer records, and assists the pharmacist in updating patient profile and entering prescription information into the pharmacy computer to the extent permitted by provincial regulations. Preserves patient confidentiality.
- Fills prescriptions by bringing stock bottles, counting medication into appropriate containers, labeling, and pricing prescriptions under Pharmacist’s supervision to the extent permitted by provincial regulations.
- Completes packaging verification for prescriptions previously checked for therapeutic appropriateness by the pharmacist to the extent permitted by provincial regulations. Follows safety and security procedures.
- Counts, labels (including appropriate auxiliary labels), and packages prescriptions, through workflow and bin management.
- Alerts pharmacist to drug interactions in prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Verifies prescriptions and refills with physicians by phone as needed and takes verbal prescriptions to the extent permitted by provincial regulations. Selects generic substitutions when necessary.
- Prepares third-party insurance claims, processes invoices, and makes accounting entries using a computerized system.
- Orders receive tags, and stock prescription drugs, supplies, and over-the-counter products. Follows product storage procedures, standards, and merchandising plan. Performs department 93 stocking duties as well as OTC roaming. Creates product signs. Ensures the department is clean at all times.
- Non-Essential Functions and Tasks:
- Assists in other areas of the warehouse as necessary.
- Qualifications (Costco-specific or industry-specific skills that candidates must possess):
- Completed provincial Pharmacy Technician certification or Completed a Pharmacy Technician course at a Community College and the Pharmacy Examination Board of Canada Qualifying exam.
- Licenses/Certifications: Licensed as a Pharmacy Technician in good standing in province of work.
- Experience: Candidates with current Costco Pharmacy experience will be given preference over other candidates.
- Knowledge/Skills: Computer, math, and member service skills preferred.