Hiring Organization – Philadelphia Flyers
Post Name – Flyers Charities Fall Intern
Qualification – Any Graduate
Salary – USD 12 To USD 15 Per Hour
Location – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States 19105
Flyers Charities, the nonprofit of the Philadelphia Flyers, is looking for an outgoing intern interested in learning the fundamentals of nonprofit work within the sports industry. The fall intern will be involved in different aspects of the charity including administrative duties, event logistics, marketing, and fundraising.
Candidates must be able to collaborate on projects, take initiative on tasks, and possess customer service skills. Candidates must also be able to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Junior or senior in college with a flexible schedule to work events and select game nights.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be a self-starter and dependable.
- Must have knowledge and interest in nonprofits.
- Must have a general working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Must be willing to get involved in projects with varying degrees of difficulty.
- Must have reliable transportation to get to Wells Fargo Center and Flyers Training Center.
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Assist with fulfilling orders, such as mailing commemorative tickets and Mystery Pucks.
- Coordinate concourse tabling during home Flyers games to sell Mystery Pucks and promote events while interacting with fans.
- Assist with signing days and transportation of fundraising items.
- Assist in the preparation of events, including Gritty 5K, Flyers Charities Carnival, and other charitable events.
- Write social media copy for @FlyersCharities Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts.
- Assist in tracking all event and program sponsors, including tracking social media analytics.
- Manage administrative duties, such as collecting and distributing mail and answering phone and email inquiries.
- Other duties as assigned.