|Hiring Organization||Philadelphia Zoo|
|Post Name||Events Sales Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 20 To USD 22 Per Hour|
|Location||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States 19104|
The successful candidate will have the ability to expand the third-party corporate, convention, and social events business and subsequent earned revenue contribution to the Zoo’s annual operating budget. Targeted outreach is a key objective. Provide planning, sales forecasting, financial analysis, and logistical support on events from inception to completion.
The position has cross-department functionality and accountability, requiring the coordination of various stakeholders including but not limited to the Operational, Conservation Education, Animal, and Guest Engagement departments.
It is imperative that this person be polished and professional in all written and verbal communication in order to ensure constituents and staff are aware of all events and that requests and concerns are resolved in a timely manner. The ability to multi-task and manage several high-level projects simultaneously is essential.
The Event Sales Manager is responsible for and oversees the following key tasks:
- Development, planning, and implementation of a sales plan to expand market share in the following event categories:
- Full Zoo and Half Zoo rentals.
- Corporate and convention full-service special events.
- Full-service social events including bar and bat mitzvahs, weddings, and milestone events.
- Respond to all incoming inquiries from prospective third-party clients
- Solicitation and outreach to prospective client groups.
- Conduct tours of the Zoo with prospective special event clients.
- Develop proposals and sales documents for qualified clients.
- In partnership with the Director of Event Sales and Operations implement strategy and planning of all Zoo special events including but not limited to marketing/revenue-generating events (external facility rental), donor cultivation events, and guest/programming events (member events, as well as general admission, ticketed events).
- Communicating with the Event Production Manager to ensure proper coordination of all event logistics
- Negotiation, contracting, and management of all required vendors to support events.
- Assure all event sales and bookings are seamlessly aligned with the Zoo’s brand, mission, culture, and reputation in all aspects.
- Assure that the Zoo standards for all events and catering are clearly defined, communicated, and evaluated to ensure consistent and high-level execution.
- Ensure effective and clear communication to Zoo departments that support events including but not limited to Public Safety, Grounds & Garden Services, Engineering, Development, Animal and Guest Engagement with the goal of protecting the Zoo property, collection, essential Zoo operations, and consistent operational excellence and total guest satisfaction.
- Participate in all Zoo applicable meetings including:
- Logistics Meeting
- Staff 360 Meetings
- In partnership with the Director of Event Sales and Operations, ensure sales goals are monitored, met, and/or exceeded. Prepare annual sales budgets and marketing plans in collaboration with Zoo stakeholders and external vendors/partners, where applicable.
Related Jobs For You