Ready to join in? We are looking for a full-time Physician Assistant to support two primary care sports medicine, physicians. This is a wonderful opportunity for a driven, hard-working PA ideally with previous experience.
We are searching for a person that is excited to provide unparalleled customer service in the clinic, and that is eager to work with a growing team of people dedicated to providing the best patient care.
This position is non-surgical and will be based at our Orthopedic Building in Chicago, IL. Candidates must be flexible to travel to our clinics in Westchester, IL, and Oak Park, IL.
- Close collaboration with existing teams (Dr. Alland, Dr. Bruene, and Administrative Assistants).
- Responsible for providing medical care as delegated by a physician.
- Assesses patient health status including state of wellness, and compliance with the care plan and determines appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Triage patient calls and evaluates patient problems.
- Responds to emergencies including the use of CPR.
- Documents all patient encounters and care provided in Electronic Health Record.
- Utilizes practice technology including but not limited to the electronic health records, dictation, and outcomes tools to their full capability to ensure excellent patient care.
- Educates patients and families as appropriate. Provides continuity of care.
- Stays abreast of and complies with all state and federal laws including HIPAA, ADA, OSHA, and FLSA.
- Consults with other staff as necessary.
- The job holder must demonstrate current competencies applicable to this position.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Travel as required with the attending physician.
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS, MS preferred; graduate of AMA accredited PA program
- Current Illinois state PA license
- Certified by National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Current CPR Certification
- Experience is preferred but new grads are welcome to apply
- Competency with knee and shoulder injections is preferred. Hip injection experience is a plus
- Experience with ultrasound-guided injections is preferred