Physician Assistant Jobs in Washington, Performs History and Physicals on all operative and non-operative admissions and initiates general work-ups. Serves as the first assistant on all procedures assigned, which generally includes General, Vascular,
Neuro, Orthopedic, Thoracic, Urology, Gynecologic, Obstetric (Cesarean Sections), ENT, and phone assessments and provide care throughout the preop process in collaboration with other health care team members. Manages admitted surgical patients in conjunction with surgeons and hospitalists.
|Hiring Organization||MedStar Health: Medical Center at Lafayette Centre|
|Post Name||Physician Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 2800 To USD 3200 Per Month|
|Location||Washington DC, United States 20036|
- Minimum 1 year of experience as the first assistant with related procedures preferred.
- Maryland P.A. License
- CPR Certification
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Basic Computer skills to perform Data entry
- Computerized clinical information systems: Clinicians View, Chart View, GE Scheduler.
HIPAA policies on Confidentiality
Knowledge of surgical procedures: General Surgery, Vascular Surgery, Neurosurgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Otolaryngology (head and neck), Plastic Surgery, Urology, Obstetrics/Gynecologic Surgery, Ophthalmology, Gastroenterology (PEG placements), and Radiology ( PICC placements).
- Clinical Evaluation and Assistants: Evaluates and assists with all surgical patients and follow-ups with specific patients when rounding. Assists physician in surgical procedures as assigned.
- Performs initial history and physical examinations on all operative and non-operative surgical patients as assigned and establishes the presumptive diagnosis.
Provides initial interpretation of EKG, Chest X-ray, History, and Physical and Lab work before surgical procedure recording and informs Physician and Anesthesia of concerns.
- Initiates general work-up and screens patients both in person and over the phone for possible contraindications for surgery by identifying normal and abnormal findings on histories and physical examinations and on commonly performed laboratory studies.
Communicates pertinent and significant findings to the attending physician and/or anesthesiologist.
- Order, mix, and administers medications for IM, IV, SC, and intra thoracic administrations.
- Writes pre- and postop orders, brief op notes, procedure notes, progress notes, transfer admission, and discharge orders as needed.
- Instructs and counsels surgical patients and their families on pre and post-operative expectations and management.
- Performs pre-and post-operative patient management rounds and documents findings and orders any routine labs and meds as needed.
- Writes orders and dictates transfer and discharge summaries.
Notes and orders are complete and written according to department, hospital, and state policy.
About MedStar Health
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation, and research.
Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation.
As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
|Our Jobs Database:|
|Govt Jobs||502||Read More|
|Part-Time Jobs||697||Read More|
|Work from Home||369||Read More|
|Education Wise Jobs||861||Read More|
|Jobs by Country||578||Read More|
|International Jobs||684||Read More|
- We do not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the Safety Tips properly before applying.