You will join us as a Rotational Analyst in our Fundamental Investments Program. Rotational Analysts will participate in an initial two-year rotational program, completing rotations in three different departments working across our Active Equities, Credit Investments, Private Equity, and Real Assets groups. Rotations are based on business needs and consider your background and preferences. The departments offering rotations are listed below.
As a Rotational Analyst, you will join a Program that goes beyond technical components to include formal training, apprenticeship, mentoring, and meaningful performance management. You will join CPP Investments’ LAUNCH and Training the Street Program as new graduates which are designed to help you learn about different investment strategies, technical requirements, and thought processes needed to become a sound investor. You will be encouraged to ask questions, be engaged and pursue both formal and informal learning opportunities.
You will quickly advance your knowledge and expertise through skills-based training and stimulating on-the-job assignments working in a high-performing and collaborative environment with colleagues who are leading experts in their field.
Rotating across three teams will give you great insight into your abilities, interest, and passions to grow your career at CPP Investments. You will be supported throughout your journey with Employee Resource Groups, Inclusive & Diversity initiatives, and our Campus Team Advisors. You will have access to our online training modules, tuition reimbursement programs, and an employee network across our global office that goes beyond your day-to-day work. We encourage you to bring your full self to work and take every opportunity to excel in your role to build your career at CPP Investments.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze and evaluate a variety of industries, companies, private equity and venture capital funds, and securities including the analysis of management teams
- Perform valuation analysis of companies, assets, and/or securities
- Perform due diligence on private equity and venture capital funds, assets, and/or companies including financial performance, quality of management team, expected merits and risks, market and industry dynamics, and expected returns
- Build financial models to analyze investment opportunities
- Assist in the investment decision-making process; provides support and input into the making and managing of investments around the world
- Prepare analytical investment reviews and recommendations in collaboration with the team, including industry/market overviews, writing investment rationales, and due diligence reviews
- Explore investment opportunities in geographic markets including the Americas, Europe, and/or Asia
- Apply statistical and qualitative analysis to support investment decisions
- Research, analyze and report on macro-level trends
- Interview external management teams, industry experts, and other private equity and venture capital fund investors