Project Assistant Jobs in Vancouver BC Canada, BC Assessment is currently looking for a permanent Project Assistant to join the ITS team! This entry-level position is great for someone looking to start their career within project management and who is looking to grow!
Sound like YOU? We value our people and know that employees are at the heart of our organization. We also value work-life balance, and seek to recruit, reward, and retain people who make us an internationally recognized leader in property assessment. We are proud to be recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for the ninth year! We offer competitive benefits for our employees:
- Work-life balance – 35-hour work weeks, hybrid work options, and flexible work schedules, including compressed work weeks so you can take up to 26 long weekends per year.
- Public Service Pension Plan – one of the best in Canada, allowing you to plan for your future!
- Health and Wellness – generous extended health and dental benefits through Pacific Blue Cross and an Employee Assistance Program to support employee wellness.
- Career development – we want you to grow and learn with us! We provide ongoing learning, leadership development, and a career development scholarship program.
We are proud to work, live and play in beautiful British Columbia. You could contribute to bringing our values to life and truly help build BC communities!
What will I do?
- Set up and maintain project monitoring and reporting tools, track and summarize project status, and provides regular reports to team members and partners.
- Ensure that planned projects have identified software/ hardware contract and licensing needs and associated invoices have been allocated between project-related and operational costs.
- Track project activities and monitor project parameters and reports on project scope, time, costs, risks, quality, communications, procurement, changes to human resources, and integration with other projects.
- Prepare technical reports such as network diagrams, environment management dependencies, Gantt charts, and work breakdown structures.
- Identify changes in status, timelines, projections, and resources that present risks and opportunities through the continual review of the project plan and reports.
- Organize regular meetings for the project team and partners, provides summarized reports, identifies and bring forward issues.
- Ensure BCA has a signed copy of all contracts, manages the renewal process, enters and updates contract information, reviews contracts for compliance with deliverables, and ensures invoice pricing matches the contract.
- Ensure contracts are written, tendered, and administered in accordance with BCA policies. Issues Requests for Proposal, Requests for Quote, and Invitations to Bid.
- Create purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and supplier contracts and receives invoices on contracts.
- Track expenditures by contract, maintaining a log of all invoices and financial status of each contract, with charges correctly allocated against each project.
- Design and produce executive/stakeholder presentations, informational brochures, public education material, or other promotional materials.
- Monitor contracts/licenses to ensure that BCA is fulfilling its contractual obligations such that all clauses remain in force and BCA does not lose any protections or benefits contained within.
- Provide administrative support to project teams and management, including assembling meeting materials and maintaining project records and information.
How can I be successful?
You need to be a motivated individual with excellent communication, analytical thinking, problem-solving, and time management skills. You are knowledgeable in project management software applications. You are able to contribute your knowledge of the project management life cycle processes. You are able to prioritize work and assignments accordingly.
This position is included in the bargaining unit. BC Assessment intends to establish an eligibility list for this competition.
What do I need to have?
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent.
- Completion of courses in project management.
- Post-secondary courses in contract administration are an asset.
- Experience providing project management support services.
- Experience with contract administration.
- Intermediate experience with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Preferred experience with SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Visio.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Related Jobs For You
|Jobs In Vancouver For Foreigners|
|Electrician Jobs Vancouver|
|Data Analyst Jobs Vancouver|
|Production Assistant Jobs Vancouver|
|Weekend Part-Time Jobs Vancouver|