It’s not a package. It’s a promise
Purolator Jobs in Edmonton, We are one of Canada’s largest courier and freight networks. With over 175 operations facilities, 100+ Purolator Shipping Centres, 1,200+ Authorized Shipping Agents across Canada, and 30+ offices in the U.S., we are able to deliver more for our customers from coast to coast, every day.
Are you passionate about driving? Looking for an opportunity that will help you unpack your future? Purolator is currently hiring Couriers for a facility in Edmonton. Don’t miss this opportunity to be part of a national organization that is making Canada stronger every day.
Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. If you have questions, please feel free to ask during your interview.
Hiring Organization – Purolator
Post Name – Seasonal Utility Courier
Qualification – Bachelor’s Degree
Industry – Private
Employment Type – Full Time
Work Hours – 8 Hours
Salary – CAD 25 Per Hour
Location – Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T6N 1K3
- Varies depending upon need (weekend work included)
- 40 hours per week
- 2 consecutive days off each week
What’s in it for you?
- Long Term permanent employment
- Working for a successful & stable Canadian company
- Awesome opportunity to join a winning team
- Work in a safety-first environment. ISO Certified
- Employee-friendly & Supportive corporate training and policies in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Overtime offered. Company-sponsored Benefits / Pension. Vacation Time and paid personal days
- Purolator believes in promoting from within first.
- Multiple opportunities for advancement.
- Ask us about all career opportunities such as lead hand, supervisor, workplace trainer, and many more
- Comprehensive Benefits Package and Pension Plan, Employee Family Assistance Program, Employee Shared Ownership Program, and Employee Discounts
What is the job?
- Pick-up and delivery of customer’s packages efficiently
- Ability to solve problems as they arise while on the road
- Build positive relationships with both our internal teams and customers
- Complete daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- Managing daily delivery and pick-up schedules as assigned
What do you bring to the job?
- Valid Class 5 (non-GDL) license, clean driver abstract
- Ability to read maps; Good sense of geographical direction
- Flexible to work additional hours or overtime
- Able to pass a criminal record check
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs.
- Strong customer focus and communication
- Reliable and punctual behavior
- Steel toed boots
Core traits we will be assessing you for:
- Courier methods training and/or work-related experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player, Problem-solving
- Proper scan and load techniques
- Exemplifies and consistently demonstrates our core competencies of customer focus, communication, collaboration, trust and self-development
Purolator’s people and culture
It started in with two employees – today Purolator employs 13,000+ employees in Canada and over 200 in the U.S. Our employees go the extra mile because they are inspired and empowered to contribute innovative ideas and solutions that impact customers and the community.
We hire like-minded employees who are driven, passionate, and committed. They belong to a winning team! Trust and teamwork are the secrets to our success. We support each other, have fun, and win together.
At Purolator, we excel because we believe in possibilities and we are challenged to reach our full potential. We are empowered each and every day to help move the business forward.